Things of Which I am Certain

Certainly, I am uncertain about more things than I am certain.

But that does not mean there are no things of which I’m certain. 

For one, I am surrounded by those who love me. Perhaps it does not feel like it, and maybe it’s me who does not love them, but certainly, I am loved. 

For another, the sun shall rise, again tomorrow and again the day after. Each day I too will rise with the sun, whether I like it or not. 

Thirdly, I am not trying. Constantly, I tell myself, be a better daughter, a better sister, a better friend, a better student, a better person…and I do this so much so, the word ‘better’ begins to sound like a foreign concept. Yet, day after day, I am simply being, not at all living and certainly not trying. 

Fourth, life is hard. Although I’ve only lived life for thirteen years thus far, of this I am quite certain. There will always be hurdles to cross and things I must do, and often it feels never ending. Of course, one day, it will indeed end. But not today. And certainly not tomorrow, or the day after that. I will continue, and so will you. 

Fifth and final, I must say, chocolate is absolutely delicious. Dark chocolate especially. Some may not agree, and that’s their loss. 

Posted in response to the challenge Certain.

EbonyCat

CA