The Orchestra of Fall

The Orchestra of Fall

Autumn leaves flutter around my head,

The color popping in the chilly,

Swirling air.

The veins stretch out,

Delicate within the leaves.

They connect,

Creating a web of beauty:

A beautiful array of pulses,

Slightly erratic,

But the imperfections even more breathtaking.

I turn my head towards the mountains,

The little dots that are the trees colorful,

Watercoloring the landscape with warm,

Cheerful colors that are unpredictable,

Strange and unfollowing.

The cool, brisk air slaps my cheeks,

The rhythmic gusts blowing my hair,

Making it swirl and dance along with the leaves.

The symphony of the parts fold together,

The layers clashing in some ways,

But synchronizing perfectly in others.

The melody is incredible,

Vibrant but soft,

Strong but heartwarming,

Unique but blended.

Each and every part compliments another,

Everything fitting but popping,

Creating the orchestra of fall.

jacobcbuddy

maelynslavik

The Voice

November 2023

• Essay

By YWP

Fall Contest: Congratulations!

From the beautiful and overflowing cornucopia of submissions to YWP's Fall Contest, and after much discussion and debate, our judges settled on one Gold award winner in each of the two categories of w...

• The Eldest of the Seasons

if life is but a dream for the deadmay you visit us during autumn, the eldest of the seasonsletting your fragile bones be exposed to the crisp air of octoberletting your fingertips run over the bars o...

• The Messenger

I make a right turn down Condor Avenue with my shoulders held high near my exposed neck and my hands shoved deep into my pockets. New York always seems to become unbearably brisk at this time of year,...

• Fall is Something of Change

My friend mentioned she was sad to see the leaves drop. She said this as if the shedding oak trees were a disgrace to her. As if their nakedness wasn’t breathtaking in the eyes of an artist. What migh...

• Old Skin

Fall had come, and close to its end, it approached. The air became brisk, with winter awaiting in the future, and as a girl wandered down the sidewalk, autumn's old skin shifted through the air ab...

• The Maple

When I was growing up, I lived in a state of confusion. The state that I lived in had autumn, like all the rest, but never seemed to know it; that, in turn, confused me. All the books in my kindergart...

• Nature at its Best

Essay written by Noah Westman, Williston Central SchoolI see fall as a time of beauty, change and hope. As I see it, fall is almost the most beautiful time of the year. Fall has an incredible amount o...

• The Orchestra of Fall

Autumn leaves flutter around my head,The color popping in the chilly,Swirling air.The veins stretch out,Delicate within the leaves.They connect,Creating a web of beauty:A beautiful array of pulses,Sli...

• Falling Words

We reach for the sunlight,as itleaves us shadowsof the mountainsin the meadows. We look for the milkweed,floatingin the late evening,sunlight hitting themthe seeds glow, like dreams spreading. We hea...

• Autumn's Evergreen

Autumn is when you leftand the feelings inside of me were storm clouds,each drop of rain an emotionSadnessReliefFearAutumn is my releaseFeet pounding on leaf scattered trailsCrisp air, breathe it in t...

• The Artist of Fall

When night awakes sooner,and the stars become brighter,Fall descends onto the land.Soon enough, winter will bring its false sand,until then, the leaves paint the sky-as the trees and wind begin to sig...

• The Death March of Autumn

it's 11:20 on a cloudy october night and the world is falling to my feet. the world is falling to my feet as autumn leaves perform their death march to the ground as bloodied shoes scatter the streets...

• Every Fall

I fall in love with you every fall.Seeing your face after a summer awaysends shock waves through my body.I forget I love youuntil the air starts cooling,until school starts again.You fall in love with...