gun control

gun control- more than 500 people die each day because of the misuse/ violence of firearms.Data from 2020 showed there were 45,222 firearm-related deaths in the United States, as reported by CDC  . the argument for guns many people make is for protection and hunting. the 2 amendment covers  the right to bear arms. Why do you need a automatic rifle for hunting?  the gun many people hear about is the AK47  this is a automatic assault rifle- this means you don't need to reload it you can just keep shooting which causes more death and destruction if the person chooses to use it for horrific actions.  Our country has suffered too much by the horrific actions of people who choose to use firearms for hate. 2022 was the worst year for gun violence in the US.  46 shootings at K-12 schools in 2022, surpassing 2021’s record of 42 school shootings. Thirty-four students and adults were killed in these shootings, according to the analysis by the Post’s John Woodrow Cox and Steven Rich. In all, 43,450 children experienced school shootings last year. As we can see this problem is getting worse not better  “We won’t be able to stop every violent act, but if there is even one thing that we can do to prevent any of these events, we have a deep obligation, all of us, to try.” we need to take the steps in restricting people's access of guns. Its harder to get a car than it is to get a gun. 

Posted in response to the challenge Guns.

Payton

More by Payton