Call for Writers! Deadline Feb. 23

This just in from YWP's pals, Jim Ellefson (poet extraordinaire) and Lesley Wright -- organizers of the Champlain College Young Writers' Conference:

Dear High-Stepping Daughters and Sons of the Word Road,

You are once again cordially invited to attend a weekend of writing workshops, craft sessions, and open mic at the CHAMPLAIN COLLEGE YOUNG WRITERS' CONFERENCE, MAY 25-27. Now in our eighteenth year, our doors are open to high school students who wish to share their passion for story, drama, and song with their writerly brothers and sisters—and with celebrated New England authors. We offer three days of readings, improv, Moth storytelling, poetry slams, literary jazz/blues fusion, and extended friendship on the hillside campus of Champlain College in Burlington, Vermont.

OUR 2018 KEYNOTE SPEAKER, AWARD-WINNING POET GENNAROSE NETHERCOTT, is the author of The Lumberjack’s Dove (Ecco/HarperCollins, 2018), selected by Louise Glück as a winner of the National Poetry Series. Her other recent projects include A Ghost of Water (an ekphrastic collaboration with printmaker Susan Osgood) and the narrative song collection Modern Ballads. GennaRose tours nationally and internationally composing poems-to-order for strangers on a 1952 Hermes Rocket typewriter, and is one third of The Traveling Poetry Emporium, a team of poets/educators who bring poems-to-order events to museums, universities, and libraries. 

The postmark DEADLINE OF FEBRUARY 23 is fast approaching and the blue lights are flashing. If you have a tale to spin, or a story to share, please visit our website: http://www.champlain.edu/write

Very Best,

Jim Ellefson & Lesley Wright, Co-Directors
(802) 865-8456
[email protected]
Event Date: 
Friday, February 23, 2018