The Princess and Her Tomboy Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I feel the slightest brush of her lips against mine and suddenly- 

“HONEY! WAKE UP! School starts in an hour, and I need more than that hour to do your makeup!” Kat calls interrupting my dream. 

“Oh come on. I was just about to kiss-” I shake my head and look up, suddenly remember who I’m talking to. My maid… er… nanny? I get so confused with the new names the Moms call the servants, maids, whatever.

“Who, may I ask, did you almost kiss?” FIre surges to my face, sending shivers down my spine. 

“Ummmm…” 

“Never mind. I don’t have the time for this.”

“Come on Kat. I don’t need your help putting on my makeup. It’s not like I’m two.”

“If you keep up that attitude, I'll have to tell the Queens. YOu know how they don’t like it when you boss people around.”

“Okay, I’m sorry, but please don’t help me anymore, and I ‘order you’ to take the day off.” Are you going to tattle on me NOW Kat? 

Cue the mental eye roll.

“Fine Honey. See you later!”

Finally, now that Kat left, I can get ready for school in peace and quiet. I guess I’ll never understand why she thinks that two and a half hours is one hour. 

Since I’m already up I might as well start getting ready for Classes. With the mental push I need, I get up and out of bed, heading towards the bathroom. Grabbing a towel from the closet as I pass by, my feet taking a momentary stop. 

“You know what,” I say to myself. “You're only going to have to take a shower after school anyways. Plus you took one last night.”

Great. I’m talking to myself again.

After my lazy brain decides what version of the uniform I am going to wear, there is only half an hour to change and do my makeup. That's plenty of time to do both. Plus we aren't supposed to go overboard with makeup anyway. When will Kat understand?

Speaking of Kat, a sudden knock comes from the door.

“HOLD ON! I’M CHANGING!!” I shout from the corner.

“I’ve walked two miles and that's how you treat your best friend?” 

“OH! Violet! You're here!” I gasp at the sound of her voice. “I haven’t seen you since last summer!”

I wonder what she’s doing here.

“Your moms told me to tell you to GET YOUR LAZY BUTT MOVING!”

“Tell them I’m trying and that SOMEONE, woke me up at 5:00-am!” 

“Well I needed to get out of the house at 4:00-am.” Oof, that’s a harsh blow to the heart. 

I tug the rest of my dress on, over my head and head for the door.

“Honey,” She says into my shoulder as she bear-hugs me.

Violet, and her sweet smell of violets. My heartbeat quickens as I notice that she’s been crying.

My voice turns to air. “Violet. Come tell me what's wrong.”

𝔸𝕕𝕖𝕝𝕪𝕟_𝕆

More by 𝔸𝕕𝕖𝕝𝕪𝕟_𝕆