Now or Never Chapter 6, Josh. Written by Abigail, Edited by Bella

Chapter 6: Josh

I remember the day clearly. Her birthday. It was going to be the best day of my life. Until… I was going to her house. A sleepover. I heard a shriek. I ran toward her window as fast as I could. Then… I saw it. She was trying to make an escape. It failed. It all failed. 

I try not to blame myself. Guilt can destroy you if you let it get to your head. It’s hard though. I think What if i got there just 5 minutes earlier? And I should’ve stopped the mafia game. These doubts make this loss so much harder. How can I push on when someone so nice was murdered-by her friend! I just… I can’t believe the cruelness Em has hidden that deep. I mean, she never was violent or angry! She was one of the nicest people in our friend group! Every time I look at the selfie we took at the end of the party, I think Why her? Why? I don’t even want to see Em anymore. I know Rielly wants to find the murderer, but I know who it is. It’s Em. She doesn’t believe me though. She wants to find Sky and pretend a school bully is more likely to kill Shay than a friend that I saw with my own eyes kill Shay. I am going out of the investigation. I can’t get caught up on murder mysteries. I just need to survive this year.

Bella-The-Goat

More by Bella-The-Goat