Shout Out Anya-Taylor Joy

I was introduced to Anya Taylor-Joy through "The Queen's Gambit," which is one of my favorite series to date. Since then, I have been a huge fan of anything she's acted in, especially her horror and fantasy movies. She has starred in the classic "The Witch" and "The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance," which is a sequel to my childhood favorite. I love her acting skills, and I think she is very beautiful. Anya is originally from Argentina, Buenos Aires but made a long move to London. She described the move as traumatic, refusing to learn English in hopes of returning to her birth country. She said, "I didn't really feel like I fit in anywhere. I was too English to be Argentine, too Argentine to be English, too American to be anything." At 17 years old, she entered the modeling industry, signing with an agency with acting as her passion. Starring in her first big movie, "The Witch," Anthony Lane of The New Yorker said she was "remarkable in the role, her wide-eyed innocence entwined with a thread of cunning—proof either of her quick wits, scarcely unusual in a clever and curious girl, or of some fell purpose," which I couldn't agree more. She has expanded the horror and fantasy genre of film like no other, having a smart and witty look that is uniquely her own.

Posted in response to the challenge International Women's Day.

MillieMilesinTheWild

More by MillieMilesinTheWild