Creative Nonfiction with Mindy Wong

CREATIVE NONFICTION with MINDY WONG
“What does it feel like to exist (on paper)?”
Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019, 10 - 11:30 AM
Karma Bird House, 47 Maple St., Burlington (rooftop conference room)
SIGN UP!

Join YWP and Mindy Wong for the second in her series of six writing workshops on creative nonfiction. Mindy says, "Writers tell fascinating personal stories not just by highlighting the crazy or eccentric but in their ability to capture those seemingly insignificant moments (that tell us more than we know!)." This workshop, “What does it feel like to exist (on paper)?”, will explore the different layers that go into a personal narrative that captures our lives on paper. Try a range of writing prompts and activities that will help hone skills and read what influential writers say about their nonfiction.  SIGN UP HERE!

ABOUT MINDY WONG:  Mindy is a nonfiction writer and teaching artist who holds an MFA in nonfiction from The New School and an MS in Childhood and Special Education. She was awarded the 2017 Emerging Writer Fellowship at A Public Space, where her work is published in A Public Space No. 26. She has taught writing workshops in collaboration with Young Writers Project, Burlington Writers Workshop, The Schoolhouse, and Vermont Energy Education Program. She is a member of the board of directors of Young Writers Project.

This workshop was made possible by a Burlington City Arts grant.

Event Date: 
Saturday, November 16, 2019