rant 0 comments challenge: Letter
Xbeaudin's picture

Letter to Senator Mcconnell

Dear Senator Mcconnel,
    Every student in the United States and I would prefer and appreciate if there was none or at least a limit on homework. Homework has not helped me in my life, especially when I don’t know how to do it. I am an A student while having after school and outside of school commitments, Homework that I don’t know how to do is not practice it is another obstacle in my grades and my developing personal life. I play a sport every season along with being in a band outside of school and in school, I also act in school plays and hope to one day be a movie actor. I am trying to set myself up for the best life I can live whilst doing what I love and homework gets in the way of that. I don’t feel as enthusiastic to do sports, extracurriculars and what I love because I know that when I get home at 9:00 I won't be able to relax, I will have to try to figure out this “practice”. You can’t practice something if you don’t know how to do it in the first place. Putting a limit on homework could mean that you have to finish what you didn’t finish in class, This would cause more kids to work and pay attention in class because no one wants to go home and do work after a full day of it. Thank you for your time and I hope I have persuaded you.

Sincerely, 

Xavier Beaudin

Xbeaudin's picture
About the Author: Xbeaudin