About the Book Club

Read a good book lately?
Leave a comment, a suggestion, a list of your favorites here!

Recently started Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber. It's so good! I'd definitely recommend if you're a fan of books that feel like fairy tales.
I recommend Kate In Waiting by Becky Albertalli. It's so funny and entertaining. I feel like she really gets to the heart of being a teenager and creates a story that's actually relatable. She also wrote Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda and co wrote What If It's Us which are also amazing books
Two book recommendations that I recently read—A Conspiracy of Stars by Olivia A. Cole and Call Us What We Carry by Amanda Gorman. The first one is sci-fi, and it's a really fun/entertaining read. I wouldn't say it's a super life-changing or mind-blowing book, but it's interesting and I enjoyed it a lot. Call Us What We Carry was inCreDibLe. I'm absolutely in love with Amanda Gorman's poetry (so I might have a bit of a bias) but please read it!
Oh my gosh! I'm getting Call Us What We Carry in a couple of weeks! I love Amanda Gorman too! I watched her read The Hill We Climb live on the news and she managed to outshine everyone else there, including the president! She's so inspiring and brave. She's so amazing. I can't wait to read her new book :D
01/01/2022 - 10:59am
I just got Call Us What We Carry for Christmas! I can't wait to read it. It's cool to see poets enacting real change with their poetry
01/02/2022 - 12:42pm
Yay!! I hope you both like Call Us What We Carry!
01/07/2022 - 8:18pm
Hello! Has anyone read Rated by Melissa Grey? I just started it today and it’s AMAZING! I’m still pretty close to the beginning but I’m loving everything about the plot, imagery etc. So far I think Tamsin is super cool!
Has anyone else read Stepsister by Jennifer Donnely? It was one of the Golden Dome books (Formerly known as Dorothy Canfield Fisher books) for 2020-2021, and I would love to discuss it :)
Yes! It was a couple years ago, so I don't remember much - only that really liked it! I love when stories are told from the so-called villain's perspective.
12/23/2021 - 11:15am
One of my all time favorite books is "Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe" by Benjamin Alire Saenz.
I've actually been wanting to read that! What did you like about it?
12/14/2021 - 12:29pm
Oh, I've read it! The characters are so refreshing in the way that they are presented. Just their names are striking!
12/16/2021 - 8:59pm
I asked for that book for Christmas! I hope I get it because it seems like such a great read!
12/21/2021 - 7:55pm
Project Hail Mary is an awesome new Sci-fi read!
guys I'm currently reading The Dutch House by Ann Patchett and it is just so good I can't like what is going on omg

somebody else pls read it so we can talk about how wonderful and strange it is
Has anyone else read the Tapestry series by Henry H. Neff?
I haven't, but I looked it up, and it sounds like a mix between Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger and The New York Academy of Magic series by Sean Fletcher. Looks cool :)
11/03/2021 - 3:25pm
I'm looking for a new series to read this month...does anyone have any suggestions? I'm a senior and love dystopian novels, fantasy, and creatively plotted mysteries.
Show all 4 comments
All the dystopian/fantasy stuff I've read is pretty well-known, so I'm sure you've already read them. I have started reading mystery novels/thrillers...my favorite ones have been Billy Summers by Stephen King, but it's also a thriller. I don't know if you can really call it a mystery, though. Mr. Mercedes was another great one by him, and it's more of a mystery than Billy Summers, but it's also crime fiction/thriller too. The Thursday Murder Club is also SUPER good—it's about a bunch of people who live at retirement village, and they're part of a 'murder club' (basically they try to solve other unsolved mysteries) and then a local murder mystery pops up in the village. They try to solve it, and it's really entertaining and clever. That was one of my favorite books that I read this year. Lastly, you've probably read it, but The Da Vinci Code was really really good. It's kind of long and pretty detailed, but mind-blowing (at least for me). I hope this was helpful!
10/07/2021 - 10:18pm
Thanks so much! I'll definitely check those out. I really like Stephen King's books, but haven't read Billy Summers or Mr. Mercedes yet.
10/08/2021 - 9:44pm
Have you read Agatha Christie? :D
10/12/2021 - 11:01am
Yes! I love her books. And Then There Were None and The Mysterious Affair at Styles are some of my favorites.
10/25/2021 - 10:37am
just read girl, interrupted. it was so good, does anyone know books with a similar energy?
Looking for YA/middle school fantasy series to read for school-anyone have suggestions? I'm making a list of series
Show all 4 comments
Ummm I'd say Harry Potter (but you've probably read that already), Percy Jackson (same with this one), The Hunger Games, although it's not really fantasy, Wings of Fire (I wasn't a huge fan, but I know a lot of people who loved these books), and the Land of Stories, which I've never read, but have been told too many times that it's a great series. Narnia and LOTR are REALLY good, but it's not for everyone. The Enchanted Forest Chronicles are pretty good, but I read them a long time ago (in like 3rd grade) so it might be too young for middle school. The Green Ember Series is good too, but I'm not sure what the age group is for those books.

I hope this was helpful! :)
09/26/2021 - 12:03pm
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo is a great series and the duology Six of Crows that comes after it is AMAZING. I highly recommend
09/26/2021 - 7:42pm
The Thrown of Glass is a really good book series, though it does have some explicit content.
09/29/2021 - 5:28pm
I really liked Fablehaven, but I read it when I was probably in 4th or 5th grade. It may be a bit young, but from what I remember, it would probably be a good middle school book. The Pegasus series and Valkyrie by Kate O'Hern are also amazing. If you like mythology but have already ready Percy Jackson, I'd definitely recommend them!
10/04/2021 - 1:45pm
Hello! I'm creating this huge book list to get a lot of books soon. I was wondering if anyone had a good book recommendation that I could add to my list. Anything would be appreciated. Thank you!
Show all 5 comments
Hi! That sounds like a lot of fun!! I read a ton this summer (and I always read a lot), so I have a lot of book suggestions:
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society
The Thursday Murder Club
All Girls
On Writing
A ton of other Stephen King books....(Under the Dome, The Shining, Carrie, The Green Mile, Billy Summers, If It Bleeds, Mr. Mercedes, etc.)
Dune
The Hobbit and LOTR
Lord of the Flies
To Kill A Mockingbird
The Narnia series
The Lunar Chronicles
Cat's Cradle
Slaughterhouse Five
1984
Farenheit 451
Moon Over Manifest
Thirteen Doorways, Wolves Behind Them All
The Green Ember (aimed for younger audiences, but it's still really good)
Make Your Bed
Klara and the Sun
Maybe He Just Likes You (also written for younger audiences—still a great message)
Pride and Prejudice
Little Women

I could go on and on, but I'll stop now.......I hope this was helpful!!
09/08/2021 - 6:56pm
Thank you so much! I will definitely look into all those books. (I love Fahrenheit 451 and Cat's Cradle too!)
09/11/2021 - 8:58am
What if It's Us
1984
Ace of Spades,
Everything Everything
Wings of Ebony
Wuthering Hights
The Starless Sea
Shadow and Bone series
They Both Die at the End
09/11/2021 - 5:33pm
Instructions for Dancing
Divergent
Sadie
Red Queen
We Hunt the Flame
Throne of Glass (and all the other books in the series)
The Shadows Between Us
The Cousins
Truly Devious (an amazing remote boarding school mystery trilogy set in VT!)
Animal Farm
Wuthering Heights (I definitely second the recommendation by Geri)
09/12/2021 - 7:11pm
Keeper of the Lost Cities series by Shanon Messenger
Girls of Paper and Fire (+sequal) by Natasha Ngan
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (And yes I know it sounds cheesy but the books are way better than the movies)
Anything by Rebecca Ross, she's fantastic.
Oh, and I know this was already said, but The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas is fantastic! I'm on book 4 out of 8 (not including novellas) and it's REALLY good!!
09/22/2021 - 4:20pm
Has anyone read We Hunt the Flame or We Free the Stars? I just finished the second book, and it was so good!! By far one the best series I've read in a while. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a rich fantasy adventure with a hint of romance.
I just read Ace of Spades. Sooo good. It's a mystery/thriller that's so captivating and fast paced. Every chapter brings a new piece of information to unpack. It also dives into systematic racism in the education system that has been cultivated for years. It's terrifying in its realisticness(if that's a word) and has such a satisfying ending. I highly, highly, recommend!
Oooooh that sounds so interesting!! I'll definitely check it out.
08/26/2021 - 8:25pm
Anyone have have good suggestions and YA fantasy books/series?
Show all 6 comments
The Gilded Ones is a good fantasy
08/05/2021 - 11:56am
The Nightjar by Deborah Hewitt is a great read (and the sequel just came out!!)
08/05/2021 - 12:31pm
I really liked The Hobbit, LOTR, and the Narnia series, but I know some people find them boring (and most have read them already), so for modern fantasy I'd say The Girl Who Drank the Moon and the Green Ember series. The Lunar Chronicles is really good too, but it's part sci-fi.
08/07/2021 - 11:28am
Thank you all so much! Ill definitly try those!
08/09/2021 - 4:02pm
Ranger's Apprentice and Brotherband are both really good fantasy series' I also agree that the lunar chronicles is as excellent as they come.
08/10/2021 - 4:27pm
The Raven Cycle!
12/13/2021 - 3:49pm
Hi! A week ago, I finished reading If It Bleeds by Stephen King, and it was so good!! I'm currently reading The Shining, and I finished Carrie a while ago. I'm just wondering—is anyone else here a Stephen King fan? If so, I need some more recommendations for his books! He's written SO MANY and I have no idea which ones are the best...
I wish I were a Stephen King fan but his books are daunting - like I think I would get way too scared and not be able to finish the book lol
07/26/2021 - 12:23pm
Haha, yeah! I actually didn't think Carrie was that scary, but If It Bleeds and The Shining are pretty scary!
07/27/2021 - 11:08am
If you haven't read Pet Cemetary yet then I would suggest that although I never finished it.
08/27/2021 - 2:42pm
Check out Charvermont's Midsummer Reads -- this list will keep growing!
!!!! more books to come to the post so keep an eye out!!
07/22/2021 - 8:39am
currently working on a list of midsummer reads and I'd love it if you guys have any recommendations for me! think easy beach reads, books set during summer, books about nature, etc.

lmk if you have any ideas!!
Show all 4 comments
Ooh summer reading! What If It's Us, and The City We Became are both really good
07/20/2021 - 9:13pm
omg yes Becky Albertalli is such a good writer
07/21/2021 - 8:14am
She is! I swear I CAN'T WAIT until Here's to Us comes out. I want to know what happens so bad!
07/22/2021 - 1:55pm
OMG same! I love her booksss
07/23/2021 - 9:55am
Has anyone ever read the book “The Love That Split The World”? I really would like a second opinion. I was/am super confused!!!
haven't read it but now I'm intrigued ...
07/20/2021 - 5:07pm