arahorse's picture

unusual

Unusual
Hi my name is Alex. So you know how when you walk into a new place you immediately see the weirdest person in the room? Well, everywhere I go, I’m the weird one. And, I love it! A few months ago, I shaved my hair, coated my face in makeup and pierced almost every available inch of my face. I think I look super awesome! 

There are also down sides of being awesome. One of which is, I have zero friends. None. Zip. I'm pretty much invisible aside from all the stares. I get those a lot. Anyways, when I walk into a place nobody talks to me unless they have to. So, you can guess I was pretty surprised when one of the most popular kids from my school walked over to me in a bakery. 

I've only ever seen her with all her friends in the halls, but she does look at me different than everybody else. Almost… friendly.

“Hey.” she says

“Hi.”

“You could act a little less excited to see me.” She laughed.

“Uh...sorry. I'm not too used to talking to random people who have only ever talked to their “ever ignoring friends.” 

She looked down when I said that. I almost felt bad but then I remembered how selfish the girl was. I looked down too. I didn't mean to but I couldn't help it.

“Sorry.”

“Its ok. It's true.” She replied, “if it makes you feel better, I’m not friends with them anymore.”

“What?” I said despite myself.

“Ya. They weren't listening to me.” She said.

“Does that mean we are friends now?” I ask. 

I know, I know. I have a reputation for stating the obvious. 

“I guess.” 

“I know it's kind of weird that I'm asking, but what's your name?” 

And of course she started cracking up. Also, I haven't told you yet but this is the girl that when she laughs, you can't help but laugh too. So, of course I started cracking up too. That is where my story ends. Us cracking up over something not even funny, and me with a new friend. (That I still don’t know the name of.)

arahorse's picture
About the Author: arahorse