farmer boy's picture

mystique

While I was walking out of Dunkin' Donuts, I saw a man that was as pale as a ghost, and stayed out of the sunlight as much as possible. He was walking toward the town cemetery. I followed him to the cemetery and then he disappeared next to a grave stone.

The stone read Aldert Fread, 1897-1930. As I stood there, I wondered how he died and also where that mysterious man/ghost guy went. All of a sudden, I heard a spooky voice say “Who Goes There?” 

I started to run for my life. As I ran, I thought I heard footsteps running behind me. I didn’t want to look to see who or what was running behind me, for I feared I might trip and fall and get caught by what was chasing me. 

I stopped at a corner to take a quick break and to look to see what was chasing me. I looked behind me and nothing was there. I heard the same voice in front of me say “What are you looking for?” I jumped and started to run in the opposite direction when I heard I say “Wait! I only want to be friends!!” I turned around and saw the ghost/man guy behind me. We became friends and I learned that he liked to take walks at night in the cemetery because it is nice and quiet. He lives next to the cemetery. He was pale because he was sick and the sickness left him pale as a ghost.