donovans1's picture

How The wind Makes a Change.

As the wind whistles through the outside of my bedroom window, I began to think of all the other places the wind flows through. I thought of deserts and how the whooshing air carried the sand dunes with men on camels. I thought of the ocean, how the salt-water waves jump in the air amongst the cloudy sky. When I touched the window, it felt cold and moist. I was intrigued by how the window was cold but still protected the warmth of my room. 

As silly as it might sound, these thoughts  made me think of something very political and controversial.To start, when I had thoughts of deserts, I made the assumption that only men would be on the camels. I never questioned if the skies above the ocean were cloudy or not, I believed it would be cloudy since wind would be circling the air. That no light could shine through. Then my protective window, and how I was curious to know if there was a way I could somehow have all the cold creatures on the outside have warmth as well. The question I had about my window was the same question I had about the wall that’s being built on the border of the U.S and Mexico. The question I had about my window was the same question I had about the clouds above the ocean. Why can’t we see the light above the clouds? Why can’t we share the warmth? Why is there a wall in the middle of that? I guess what I’m getting at is, why can’t we share love, positivity, joy, support, equality to essentially the world? Share, give back, let’s make the world better. 

donovans1's picture
About the Author: donovans1