mckenna_smith's picture

Gratitude

Most people are asked the question, “ what are you grateful for” at least once in their life. As for me, I’ve been asked countless times. I’ve come up with many different answers, and come to the conclusion that I’m grateful for so many things that it would be too hard to put them all on paper. One thing I’m especially grateful for, though, is my friends. That’s so unbelievably cliche, I know. But, here’s the thing. Over my short lifetime, I’ve made friends and lost friends. I’ve come across some who weren’t a good fit with me, and some who I don’t deserve because they do so much for me. Now, as a freshman, I can say I have some pretty amazing friends who I’m very lucky happened to stumble into my life. Sure, they’re annoying sometimes, but what's a good friendship without getting annoyed with each other once in a while? The important thing is that I know that they’re always there for me, for the good and the bad, and I’m there for them. 

They always make me feel better, and are the reason I’m able to laugh until my sides hurt and there are tears rolling down my face. I genuinely don’t know where I would be without them, which is another cliche, but true nonetheless. I appreciate every moment with them, because I know one day, whether that’s in a week, a year, or five, ten, or even fifty years, we’ll part ways, and I’ll miss them with everything I have in me. You never know what will happen, and I’m only a freshman, after all. So, to my friends out there, who I hope see this, I love you so much. More than you can ever imagine. Thank you so much for everything you’ve done for me, and this is a thank you in advance for all the things you’ll help me with in the future. You guys are amazing. 

mckenna_smith's picture
About the Author: mckenna_smith