Apply for this conference!

THE VERMONT YOUNG WRITERS' CONFERENCE VENUE HAS MOVED AND EXPANDED! Co-directors Jim Ellefson and Lesley Wright invite young writers to apply for one of three "agri-literary conferences." This year, there are three separate residential weekends for emerging writers on Summer’s Gale Farm in Leicester, Vermont—formerly the Walter Cerf Homestead. These 2020 agri-literary conferences will take place on May 28-31, June 25-28, and July 23-26, 2020, and each session will be limited to forty-eight participants. Students may apply via the Submittable platform on our website.

Now in its twentieth year, VYWC’s doors are open to high school students who wish to share their passion for story, drama, and song with their writerly brothers and sisters—and with celebrated New England authors. The conferences have three days of readings, improv, Moth storytelling, poetry slams, literary jazz/blues fusion & extended friendship on our agrarian campus. And this year, for the first time, the program includes hands-on tutorials on sustainable growing practices and environmental stewardship.

APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 26. Go to: https://vermontyoungwritersconference.com/

Event Date: 
Thursday, March 26, 2020