fiction 0 comments challenge: Me
bobcat's picture

ME

Me

I like to trap, hunt and fish. I like to trap because it is exciting when you don’t know what you are going to catch. You can catch a beaver, bobcat, coyote, fisher cat, gray fox, long-tailed weasel, mink, muskrat, opossum, raccoon, red fox, river otter, short-tailed weasel and a striped skunk. I can also get rid of pests by trapping but I don’t like to kill animals just to kill them. I kill animals because they cause damage.

I like to hunt because it is exciting except you don’t know what you will shoot. You could shoot a white-tailed deer, black bear, moose, wild turkey, ruffed grouse, woodcock, waterfowl and snowshoe hare. You can also get food from hunting. You can get the pelts tanned from the animals and sell them to make money. You can also get rid of pests by hunting.

I like to fish because you don't know what you will catch. You can catch bass, perch, pike, trout, walleye, catfish, smelt, salmon, pumpkinseed, bluegill and pickerel. I also like to fish because I can get food from fishing. You can sometimes sell the fish to bait shops and make some money. A bait shop might have a white board that lists the prices for the fish that you caught.

This is why I like to trap, hunt and fish. My first traps were given to me and my first fish pole was also given to me. When I am older, I hope to buy a rifle so I can hunt. I hope you learned something about trapping, hunting and fishing. I also hope you liked my story.

By, Wyatt
bobcat's picture
About the Author: bobcat