farmer boy's picture

Carnival

The Mysterious Carnival
    As I was walking home from school I saw a small carnival on the fairgrounds. Walking past the fairgrounds I heard someone ask “Is everything ready to cheat money from the people who come to the carnival?” 

“Yes, everything should be ready.” The other guy answered.  

I started to wonder what they were talking about, but suddenly I felt a hand clap over my mouth and my eyes widened. 

“I have another one, boss!” Suddenly the world went black.

I woke up in a dark room with no windows and a padlock on the door. The padlock wasn’t fully locked and popped open easily when I tested it to see if it was locked. I looked out the door and someone asked me, 

“Where do you think you’re going?” The guard by my door was a tall guy and had a bushy beard.

“I am going to go for a walk and I’ll be right back.” I said.

“Okay, as long as you come back or I will get in big trouble.”

I ran out of there as fast as I could. I ran home and told my parents about the carnival and they called the police.

The next day I heard that the carnival owners were crooks that had escaped from jail a few months ago. My parents told me not to walk home past the fairgrounds ever again, but I didn’t listen to them. I still walk home past the fairgrounds everyday because it is the quickest way home.
                                         10 weeks later

I was looking at the newspaper and on the front page said: The Carnival Crooks Escaped!        To be continued...