Diary of a Young Child From The 2020 Climate Crisis

February 15th 2020
Dear Momma,
today I went to school and learned about polar bears, the teacher told us they live way up at the north pole. Say hi to them for me, ask them if they could be my pen pals. Love Child

March 29th 2020
Dear Momma,
today we had to stay home due to severe floods, the school is flooded and the roads look like rivers. I hope your a little bit better, I know you haven't been feeling very well. Love Child

April 22th 2020
Dear Momma,
today we skipped school to go out in the streets and protest. We held large signs and lots of kids yelled through a microphone. I felt scared, the crowd was loud and relentless, I'm worried for you. Love Child

May 26th 2020
Dear Momma,
today we learned about cities that caught on fire and are gone now. I asked how they caught on fire, the teacher ignored me... Do you know, Momma? Can you tell me? Love Child

June 8th 2020
Dear Momma,
today we got a notice that we're going to have to move by July 25th. That we too near the ocean and our town will be underwater soon because of a big storm coming. I'm scared. Love Child

July 26th 2020
Dear Momma,
today it rained and rained, I think it will never end. Our car is stuck in a ditch and we cannot get out. Dad and mom are outside pushing the car, my notebook is very wet and our car is full of stuff. I keep hearing people say its too late, that we won't get out. I'm praying momma. Help us. Love Child

July 27th 2020
Dear Momma,
dad had to carry me on his shoulders, we waded through waist high water in the pouring rain. We had to leave all our stuff and the car and walk through the water. We went it to an abandoned gas station on a hill, dad had to break a window to get inside, after we had to bandage his hand because it was bleeding. The gas station was dark and creepy, no one was there and no one came, it was nighttime and it was still raining very hard. I only had my notebook. Momma, what if I never get to go to school again? What if I never get to become a doctor and go to Sweden? What if I never have a little boy and teach him how to recycle? Momma, I want to live. Please, my family, my friends, save us... save us all. Love Child