Join us tonight!

Join host Alex Muck for YWP's second Online Gateless Writing Party!
Friday, May 22, 7-8:30 PM EDT
Sign up for your invitation to join us online!

DETAILS: During these pandemic days, YWP is excited to present Online Gateless Writing Parties with your host Alex Muck of Fun is a Necessity. If you joined us for the first party on April 10, please come back for more writing fun! If this is your first online writing party, welcome! No prerequisite required.

SIGN UP HERE. (*You'll need an account on YWP to join the party. If you don't yet have one, it's easy to get one here.) The day before the event, you will receive your invitation, with your secret link to join our call, and instructions about what to bring along: something to write with, a sense of humor, and snacks.

ABOUT ALEX: Your host is Alex Muck, a teaching artist and founder of Fun is a Necessity, LLC, a Vermont-based arts education organization. She's a certified Gateless teacher and is partnering with Young Writers Project to host a series of fun online writing parties.

A BIT ABOUT GATELESS WRITING: Gateless is all about noticing what is strong, powerful, and marvelous in writing and in the world! No red pens, no questions, no criticism. At a Gateless Writing party, (also known as a salon - FANCY!) we don't focus on what is weird or awkward or not good enough - we find specific things that are awesome and celebrate the heck out of them. In salon, you can take risks, try new things, be wicked serious or a giant goofball.  We'll arrive on our online call together, settle in, write to a few prompts, read our work together, and offer each other supportive feedback.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!  SIGN UP TODAY! (And please, don't forget to make an account. It's a quick one-time form, and provides you access to a whole world of YWP adventures. For security's sake, we check to make sure all party invitees are a part of the community before sending out invitations. We don't want to have to leave you out! <3) 

Questions or comments? Send a message to Reid on the site, or email [email protected].
Event Date: 
Friday, May 22, 2020