dylan dickerson's picture

Annie

Annie

Hi, my name is Annie and on Friday, July 9, 1987, something happened that changed my life forever. I was sitting on my doorstep when I saw my friend Nia. We decided to go to the beach and we saw my brother Alex.  He was the lifeguard on duty. Nia and I decided to go swim, so we had to go get changed. Once we were in our swimsuits, we finally got into the water. We wanted to have a race to see who could swim the fastest. So, we swam to the floating thing in the water (that is what I called it) and I got there first. Nia Got there to a few seconds after me. Then we heard a scream!
SHARK! OUT OF THE WATER NOW! I was… I was shocked and I couldn’t move. Nia started swimming as fast as she could. I finally could move and I swam as fast as I could. Everyone was out and we were almost there. Niawasalmost at the shore and I was still far away. I was so close and then… he got me. I yelled, “HELP! HE HAS ME!” the lifeguards jumped in.
     H
           E
                   L
                        P
The shark bit my leg off! There was blood everywhere. He was pulling me under. I passed out and I didn’t know what happened next. All I knew was that they had gotten me out and they had shot the shark. I was rushed to the hospital! Blood was gushing from my body.
 “Annie, wake up, Annie? 

dylan dickerson's picture
About the Author: dylan dickerson