Media Partners

THE NEWSPAPER SERIES: Young Writers Project started as a feature in The Burlington Free Press, and we continue to publish a page of YWP writers and photographers in the Free Press each week during the academic year. Read and download the Burlington Free Press pages for 2021 here. We also publish local writers and photographers and artists in these Vermont newspapers: Addison Independent, Bradford Journal-Opinion, Brattleboro Reformer, Essex Reporter, Milton Independent (and Colchester Sun), Rutland Herald (and Rutland Reader), St. Albans Messenger, Times Argus (and Times Argus Extra), and Valley News. All YWP submissions to newspapers during the 2020-21 school year can be found here on the site.

VTDIGGER.ORG: Vermont's leading online news organization publishes a YWP featured writer and photographer or artist every week. You can find all YWP work that has been published on VTDigger.org here. And the originals here on the YWP site.

Each year, YWP receives about 12,000 submissions to our website, youngwritersproject.org, in response to our Weekly Writing Challenges and Community Journalism Project challenges, and we select the best writing and images for publication with our media partners and in our own monthly digital magazine, The Voice, and annual Anthology.

Please support our media partners as they support the young writers and artists in their communities! Help keep community journalism strong!
About the Author: YWP
Hey YWP! You're at Young Writers Project headquarters! Want to get in touch? Just message Executive Director Susan Reid here!