Media Partners

THE NEWSPAPER SERIES: Young Writers Project started as a feature in The Burlington Free Press, and we continue to publish a page of YWP writers and photographers in the Free Press each week during the academic year. We also publish weekly in the Valley News, covering central Vermont and New Hampshire, and we have a monthly feature of local writers and artists in newspapers around Vermont, including the Addison Independent, the Bradford Journal-Opinion, the Brattleboro Reformer, the Charlotte News, the Essex Reporter, the Milton Independent, the Rutland Herald (and Rutland Reader), the St. Albans Messenger, the Times Argus (and Times Argus Extra), and the Williston Observer. The original YWP writing that has been published in the Newspaper Series can be found here on the YWP site.

VTDIGGER.ORG: VTDigger.org, Vermont's leading online news organization, publishes a YWP featured writer and photographer/artist every week. You can find all YWP work that has been published on VTDigger.org here. And the originals here on the YWP site.

Each year, YWP receives about 12,000 submissions to our website, youngwritersproject.org, in response to our Weekly Writing Challenges and Community Journalism Project challenges, and we select the best writing and images for publication with our media partners and in our own monthly digital magazine, The Voice, and annual Anthology.

Please support our media partners as they support the young writers and artists in their communities! Help keep community journalism strong!