July 28 & 30!

Join host Alex Muck for YWP's Summer 2020 Gateless Writing Campfire Sessions!
This FUN AND FREE online writing party will take place over two sessions. Attend one or both: Tuesday, July 28 & Thursday, July 30, 2 PM - 3:30 PM EDT
Sign up for your invitation to join us online!

Is this the right space for me? 
Hi! This is Alex, addressing you directly. Do you love words and stories? Yeah? Then whether you're super confident, or get nervous about writing, or sharing your writing, or figuring out what to write, this is the place for you. 
  • This is a creative home base. 
  • This is the summer camp campfire where you can sit and feel totally included. 
  • This is a tree fort with great friends and even better snacks (but you'll have to pick them out yourself, because... well... such are the limitations of the internet.) 

So many times when I was younger, and honestly, still now as an adult, I've felt weird, or different—too enthusiastic, too complex, or like I didn't know what I was supposed to know, when I was supposed to know it. If you've ever felt any of that, you're not alone, and this is the place for you! You and I are worthy just as we are, and our weirdnesses are often some of our greatest strengths, once we learn to love them. This is a place to show up as yourself, tell stories you want to tell, write poems you want to write, and have people listen for the best in who you are and what you can do. If this sort of thing sounds good to you, I say, "Welcome, welcome, welcome!" 

DETAILS: YWP is excited to present the Gateless Writing Campfire Sessions with your host Alex Muck of Fun is a Necessity. Should you choose to attend, you'll hop on our Zoom meeting, take a moment to settle in, have some prompts (Maybe some for silly or scary stories, but you're welcome to write in whatever genre, on whatever topic you'd like!), and then we'll read around our virtual campfire and get some super supportive feedback. You read only if you choose to, no pressure, but it's awesome if you're up for it! And if you've joined us at prior YWP writing parties, please come back for more writing fun! If this is your first online writing party, welcome! No prerequisite required.

SIGN UP HERE. (*You'll need an account on YWP to join the party. If you don't yet have one, it's easy to get one here.) The day before the event, you will receive your invitation by email, with your secret link to join our call, and instructions about what to bring along: something to write with, a sense of humor, and snacks.

ABOUT ALEX: Your host is Alex Muck, a teaching artist and founder of Fun is a Necessity, LLC, a Vermont-based arts education organization. She's a certified Gateless teacher and is partnering with Young Writers Project to host a series of fun online writing parties.

A BIT ABOUT GATELESS WRITING: Gateless is all about noticing what is strong, powerful, and marvelous in writing and in the world! No red pens, no questions, no criticism. At a Gateless Writing party, (also known as a salon - FANCY!) we don't focus on what is weird or awkward or not good enough - we find specific things that are awesome and celebrate the heck out of them. In salon, you can take risks, try new things, be wicked serious or a giant goofball.  We'll arrive on our online call together, settle in, write to a few prompts (which you're welcome to adapt however you'd like!), read our work together, and offer each other supportive feedback.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!  SIGN UP TODAY! (And please, don't forget to make an account at youngwritersproject.org! It's a quick one-time form, and provides you access to a whole world of YWP adventures. For security's sake, we check to make sure all party invitees are a part of the community before sending out invitations. We don't want to have to leave you out! <3) 

Questions or comments? Send a message to Reid on the site, or email [email protected].
Event Dates: Tuesday, July 28 and Thursday, July 30, 2-3:30 PM EDT
Event Date: 
Tuesday, July 28, 2020