Vote.

I would say, "Don't waste your vote this fall," but not everyone who reads this will have the privilege of voting on November 3rd, 2020. 
Please, do not waste your VOICE this fall. 

I have no way of knowing what kind of beliefs you've grown up with. What kind of religious practices, parental decisions, or extended family situations have impacted your morals. And to be perfectly honest (and a wee bit blunt) I really don't care at this moment in time. I don't care if your parents grew up as ultra conservatives, mega liberals or anywhere on the increasingly broad spectrum that lies in between. 

I do care that you have conversations with people of all different backgrounds, political orientations, and groups that are opposed to your beliefs. I care that, if you feel internal conflict or confusion based upon the voices of influence in your life, you engage with people who can educate you. 

And, most importantly, for the classes of 2021 through whatever age you realized that President Trump was a problem, I ask that you have conversations with your parents. Because right now, they're a vote that you can directly influence. It doesn't matter that your dad wants to go out and shoot on the weekends - we need more extensive gun safety laws and mental health care in this country- NOW. It doesn't matter that your racist mother is afraid of the tireless first generation Hispanic woman who owns the cafè near your home - we need to provide sanctuary to people of all ethnicities fleeing disaster - NOW.  IT DOES NOT MATTER that your corporate uncle has blatantly refused to recycle and compost, because the climate crisis is here and we need action towards a sustainable, green future - NOW.  It is time that we all stand up to those close to us who maintain senseless, baseless views. 
‘Cause guess what? 
The United States cannot take four more years of turning away immigrants. 

The United States cannot take four more years of ignoring the climate emergency that is swallowing this green oasis whole. 

The United States cannot take four more years of tax money being sent to the police and poured into A LITERAL WALL instead of education, affordable health care for ALL people, and  sustainable agriculture. 

The United States cannot take four more years of corruption. 

The United States cannot take four more years of Trump. 

I know Biden is not ideal. Hell, he wasn't even in my top three. But he's not Donald Trump. He is not the fraction of a man who has, again and again, proven to be unable to show empathy to people that don't look and think exactly like him. 

If your parents (or you) plan on holding their vote because Bernie isn't on the ballot, think about what happens for EVERYONE if Trump wins again. 

If your parents (or you) plan on voting for Trump in the fall election, think about who you're really voting for, because even members of the REPUBLICAN PARTY are rejecting Trump. 
That man does not stand for you. 

That man does not stand for your family, this country, this world. 

That man stands only for himself.