[Photo: "A Ripple in Time" by laurenm, YWP]WOW! YWP writers and photographers, you blew us away! Your submissions to the Summer Writing and Photo Contest were amazing! Our judges will be reviewing every piece of writing and every photograph this week. Prize winners will be notified by email and private message on the site on Friday, Aug. 14. Announcements will be posted on the site; publication will follow in the September issue of The Voice. THANK YOU EVERYONE!
Respond to these three categories – as often as you like – and win cash prizes and publication! 1. Poetry or Prose-2020; 2. Nature Photography-2020; and 3. CJP-2020 (Community Journalism Project). Due Friday, Aug. 7.
1. Poetry or Prose-2020: In poetry or prose, fiction or nonfiction, share your thoughts and observations. Describe an adventure. Tell a story. Let the words flow in any form you choose from free verse to narrative prose. Due Aug. 7. Prizes – 1st: $75; 2nd: $50; 3rd: $25.
2. Nature Photography-2020: Summer is the perfect time to go outside and appreciate nature. Take photographs that capture the beauty and mystery of nature from your own unique perspective. Submit your photos individually or as a slideshow. Due Aug. 7. Prizes – 1st: $75; 2nd: $50; 3rd: $25.
3. CJP-2020 (Community Journalism Project): Do you have a current issue on your mind lately? Black Lives Matter? Coronavirus? Climate change? Election 2020? Write about it! Due Aug. 7. Prizes – 1st: $75; 2nd: $50; 3rd: $25.
PRIZES in Each Category:
1st place: $75
2nd place: $50
3rd place: $25
And publication in The Voice, September issue.
- Submit to contest by responding to one or all three challenges – as often as you like.
- Must be your own original work and not published elsewhere.
- Due: Friday, Aug. 7
- Have fun!
Friday, August 14, 2020