Online Writing Party!

Join YWP for a free and fun online writing party (also known as a salon – FANCY!) with host Alex Muck on Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020 from 6:30-8 PM. Sign up for your invitation to join us! Be inspired and be supported in your writing!

DETAILS: For Write with the Harvest Moon on Oct. 1st, we'll hop on our Zoom meeting, take a moment to settle in, enjoy writing with some fun prompts (which you're free to adapt however you'd like!), read our work together, and offer each other supportive feedback. You read only if you choose to, no pressure, but it's awesome if you're up for it! If this is your first online writing party or salon, welcome! No prerequisite required. If you've been with us before, welcome back!

SIGN UP HERE. (You'll need an account on YWP to join the writing salon. If you don't yet have one, it's easy to get one on the YWP site.) The day before the event, you will receive your invitation by email, with your secret link to join our call, and instructions about what to bring along: something to write with, a sense of humor, and snacks.

ABOUT ALEX: Your host is Alex Muck, a teaching artist and founder of Fun is a Necessity, LLC, a Vermont-based arts education organization. She's a certified Gateless teacher and is partnering with Young Writers Project to host a series of fun online writing salons through the 2020-21 school year! Watch for more dates and sign up now for this one!

A BIT ABOUT GATELESS WRITING: Gateless is all about noticing what is strong, powerful, and marvelous in writing and in the world! No red pens, no questions, no criticism. At a Gateless Writing salon, we don't focus on what is weird or awkward or not good enough – we find specific things that are awesome and celebrate the heck out of them. In salon, you can take risks, try new things, be wicked serious or wicked silly.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!  SIGN UP TODAY!

And please, don't forget to make an account at youngwritersproject.org! It's a quick one-time form, and provides you access to a whole world of YWP adventures. For security's sake, we check to make sure all salon invitees are a part of the community before sending out invitations. We don't want to leave you out! Questions or comments? Contact Susan Reid at YWP: [email protected]; or (802) 324-9538
Event Date: 
Thursday, October 1, 2020