Morgan D's picture

The forbidden castle.

Little Billy was looking out the window when he saw his dog, Jake, run through the snow leaving small dog tracks behind him. He looked at what Jake was chasing and he saw a squirrel, it bouncing through the snow like a ball. He was bored out of his mind. Billy sat down on the windowsill that was surrounded by a large old couch. His mother and father were at a dinner party with some friends and left him with old Mrs. Abenthy who lived across the street. Mrs. Abenthy was asleep on the couch in front of the television. He looked back out the window and saw that Jake wasn't there. He ran outside and looked around and saw that the snow had suddenly picked into a small snow blizzard, he couldn’t see three feet in front of him. When the snow finally stopped he saw that he was in front of a dimly lit snow castle.

When he walked up to the castle he saw Jake trying to get the same squirrel that he was chasing earlier. The squirrel had run up a tree and the dog was jumping up trying to get it.

“Jake, get down from there,” Billy had said to him. Jake looked at him with confusion and then with a look of pure joy and bounced over to him. They looked at each other “umm do u know where we are?” Billy asked Jake. He looks at the castle and says “well I don’t know where we are but it’s cold and it looks warmer over there…” They both walk to the castle and open the large wooden gate.   

Morgan D's picture
About the Author: Morgan D
Morgan Driscoll