The Night of The Monkey

On Halloween night I was trick or treating when I saw the shape of a monkey galumphing through the streets. I started chasing it and soon it ran into a trash can. The reason it hit the can was because it had an old straw farmer’s hat covering its eyes. The hat  fell off and it started jibbering and screeching when I got within ten feet of it. When it turned around, I saw that it had empty eye sockets and no flesh or skin. Now I was the scared one!

Next I did the only logical thing,  I ran! I ran round the white town hall and straight in through the front doors of the brick library. I opened the door and slammed it after me. I bet you're wondering, why the library? I picked the library because it is always unlocked and because it’s huge. It also has lots of good hiding places. I looked out the window and saw that the boney monkey was walking up the steps! I ran up the stairs. I then climbed up a bookcase and hid on top of a shelf. I heard the clicking of bones on the wooden floor. The monkey soon came over and looked around. “tonight is the night!” it said in a gravelly voice. All of a sudden the door downstairs opened and someone, or something came up the stairs. I didn’t hear anything coming, but all of a sudden it was there. I don’t know how to describe it. It walked on four legs and kind of looked like a hyena but it was five times the size of a regular one. It was wearing a crown of something that  looked a little bit like human skulls. It started sniffing around like a dog on the trail of a squirrel. “There is one in here.” it said. “No my lord there are none.” said the monkey. And then the other creature started howling like nothing I've ever heard before. It was bone chilling. Ten minutes later other undead animals started joining in, creating a single voice, threatening to break my eardrums. They soon left and I scrambled down and looked out the window. What I saw made me fall over. Ouch I was on the floor next to my bed. It was a dream.
chelsey.hook@grcsu.org's picture
About the Author: [email protected]