The Pumpkin Patch

Two days before Halloween my family and I went to pick some pumpkins at the local pumpkin patch. We saw our cousin on our mother’s side there too.

It was very surprising that he worked there. After that we went to pick our pumpkins.  There were some leaves, trees with barely any leaves on them, The food stand was selling apple cider and caramel apples and just selling apples.

There were a lot of cars parked in the lot and we were in West Rutland. It was getting a little late outside, so we needed to pick them up quickly.

Braydon, my brother chose the middle size pumpkin, and I chose the big one. It was very nice that we had picked our pumpkins before it grew dark.

It was surprising that we got to see our family members. We carved our pumpkins into silly faces. I read the instructions to make a witch under the full moon.

I had a little help from my dad. Anyways the day was great. We sat our pumpkins outside and put fake candles inside and went outside to turn on the candles. I enjoyed going to the pumpkin patch. I hope I can do it next year.

chelsey.hook@grcsu.org's picture
About the Author: [email protected]