song 0 comments challenge: Tune
eqiu27's picture

Count on me

The song, “Count on me”, by Bruno Mars, is one of my favorite songs that I like. When I listen to that song, it brings me joy but also some sadness. The meaning behind this song is that no matter where these two friends are in the world or no matter how much pain they are in, they can always count on each other for anything, at any time. When the lyrics say, “You can count on me like one two three, I’ll be there. And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two, you’ll be there. Cause that’s what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah”, all I can think about is my different types of friendships I have and how lucky I am to have those types of friendships that the song talks about.

Also when I listen to the song, all I can think of too is my friends comforting me and reassuring me whenever I am feeling down, at any time. Either over text, FaceTime, or even in-person. It is one of the best feelings knowing someone is there for you always. Also when I listen to that song, I picture the singer to be this man in his 20´s singing about what real friendship should feel and look like and expressing himself to the world and to his friends.

eqiu27's picture
About the Author: eqiu27