Write with us! Tonight!

Poet Reuben Jackson and Teaching Artist Alex Muck team up for a magical night of Sounds and Singularities, a special YWP online writing salon on the powerful connection between music and poetry – Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021, 6:30-8 PM EST. SIGN UP HERE!

DETAILS: Sign up here for your Zoom invitation to this free and fun writing salon (party) with your hosts Reuben and Alex! (Must have a YWP account to participate.) We'll write together, listen, share if we want to, offer supportive feedback and enjoy the music of poetry! No prerequisite required. If you've been with us before, welcome back! The day before the event, you will receive your invitation by email with your link to join and instructions about what to bring: something to write with, a sense of humor, and snacks.

ABOUT REUBEN JACKSON: Reuben is a published poet, jazz archivist, and board member of Young Writers Project. Reuben's most recent book of poetry, "Scattered Clouds," was published in 2019. (Photo shows Reuben reading from his book at YWP's Celebration of Writing in October 2019.) Before moving back to his hometown of Washington, D.C. in 2018, Reuben led many writing workshops for YWP and he was the host of VPR's Friday Night Jazz. YWP is very excited to have the online Reuben working with us now!

ABOUT ALEX MUCK: Alex is a teaching artist and founder of Fun is a Necessity, LLC, a Vermont-based arts education organization. She's a certified Gateless Writing teacher who has been partnering with YWP through this year to host a series of online writing salons. Gateless Writing is all about noticing what is strong, powerful, and marvelous in writing and in the world! No red pens, no questions, no criticism – and lots of celebration!

Remember, if you don't have an account at youngwritersproject.org, now is the time! It's a quick one-time form, and provides you access to this writing party – and a whole world of YWP adventures! Questions or comments? Contact Susan Reid at YWP: [email protected]; or (802) 324-9538.

Event Date: 
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
About the Author: YWP
Hey YWP! You're at Young Writers Project headquarters! Want to get in touch? Just message Executive Director Susan Reid here!