fiction 0 comments challenge: Name
MaryAliceVeracka's picture

Veracka

Veracka

My name comes from my father’s side of the family. This comes from my grandfather who is Lithuanian. The name has Lithuanian origins. The original form of my last name I was told when I was little is Vidivaska. My mother’s last name is Kelleher and it comes from Ireland my mom and grandmother and grandfather all very Irish. There is a town in Ireland called Kelleher.  My first name Mary is just something my parents liked. I had a great aunt named Mary, who was part of the reason I was named Mary. Most of my family thought I was going to be a boy so they had the name Adam ready to go.   I like my name, It’s an old classic name. It was a super popular name but isn’t so much anymore and I like that. My middle name is Alice and that comes from another family member named Alice. All of my family have a middle name starting with the letter A. I like my name its old fashion and classic and I like it put together. My last name always made me come last in everything though. We always did alphabetically by the last name and the V always made me last. 

MaryAliceVeracka's picture
About the Author: MaryAliceVeracka