Write with Reuben and Alex TONIGHT March 4!

Join Poet Reuben Jackson and Teaching Artist Alex Muck for this fun and free online writing salon where FUN is the focus. THURSDAY, MARCH 4, 2021, 6:30-8 PM EST. SIGN UP FOR YOUR ZOOM INVITATION HERE.

DETAILS: Third time, just as charming, Alex and Reuben are back for their third YWP writing salon! Sign up here for your Zoom invitation – and expect musical clowning and playful exploration about the characters we put on in our lives, and the stories we write for them. Come join us! As ever, all formats are welcome – prose, poetry, lyrics, plays. Ring in the nearing of spring with a romp on the page, and bring your creativity to the table in good company. We'll write together, listen, share if we want to, offer supportive feedback and enjoy the music of poetry! No prerequisite required. If you've been with us before, welcome back! The day before the event, you will receive your invitation by email with your link to join and instructions about what to bring: something to write with, a sense of humor, and snacks. (Must have YWP account to participate.)

ABOUT REUBEN JACKSON: Reuben is a published poet, jazz archivist, and board member of Young Writers Project. Reuben's most recent book of poetry, "Scattered Clouds," was published in 2019. (Photo shows Reuben reading from his book at YWP's Celebration of Writing in October 2019.) Before moving back to his hometown of Washington, D.C. in 2018, Reuben led many writing workshops for YWP and he was the host of VPR's Friday Night Jazz. YWP is thrilled to have the online Reuben working with us now!

ABOUT ALEX MUCK: Alex is a teaching artist and founder of Fun is a Necessity, LLC, a Vermont-based arts education organization. She's a certified Gateless Writing teacher who has been partnering with YWP through this year to host an amazing series of online writing salons. Gateless Writing is all about noticing what is strong, powerful, and marvelous in writing and in the world! No red pens, no questions, no criticism – and lots of celebration!
If you don't have an account at youngwritersproject.org, now is the time! It's a quick one-time form, and provides you access to this writing party – and a whole world of YWP adventures! Questions or comments? Contact Susan Reid at YWP: [email protected]; or (802) 324-9538.
Event Date: 
Thursday, March 4, 2021
About the Author: ywp
Hey YWP! You're at Young Writers Project headquarters! Want to get in touch? Just message Executive Director Susan Reid here!