fiction challenge: Switch
Peter Gustafson's picture

Why Am I Square

“Why am I Square??? And why is everything else Square!!!”

*Steve*

“Why is everything round? Ummmmmm...”

*Me*

Silence. “What is this place?”

*Steve* 

“Maybe this is new? I guess I will go chop down a tree.” Walking over to the nearest tree, Steve wonders, why is there texture and why can I feel things? Steve goes over to the tree and starts punching it. Ow! I don't like this feeling thing.

*Me*

Ooooooooooh. I know where I am. I'm probably just dreaming about playing Minecraft. Although why does it feel so real? I walk over to a tree and just like I always do start punching it. I was scared at first that it was going to hurt because I felt like I was in the game, but I didn't really feel anything. Once I broke a part of the tree it didn't fall over. I was very confused, and then I remembered that I was in Minecraft. 

*Steve*

“Maybe I can ask someone else for help. Wait a second! Why are there other people here?? And why can they talk! Last time I checked, villagers only hum.” Steve realized that it was getting late, and he didn't have a bed, so he was pretty scared of the monsters that lurk outside at night. Soon realizing, (after being huddled in the corner behind a tree,) that there were no monsters. and there's no reason to be afraid of anything. Except in Steve's case, everything was scary. 

*Me & Steve*

We both hoped by the time we woke up everything would be back to normal, but uh oh, nothing was back to normal and they were stuck in the worlds that they were in... Forever. 

Peter Gustafson's picture
About the Author: Peter Gustafson
Peter Gustafson