Jul 12

REUBEN AND ALEX TONIGHT!

RETURNS AND REALNESS – and "Walking in Space"... THURSDAY, SEPT. 23! Let's write together against the backdrop of Quincy Jones' big band recording, "Walking in Space,"  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXQ4r4y3Wdc). We'll explore our own walking in space, how life brings us through many cycles, and the yearly return to school is one of them. Summer can be a reprieve from the routines of school work, but breaks in routine can also be hard to cope with. Join Reuben Jackson and Alex Muck TONIGHT! Sept. 23, 6:30-8 PM EST. We'll write together to offer each other creative support in a return that is also a real new chapter. There's still time to sign up for your Zoom invitation here.

DETAILS:
Come join us! All formats are welcome – prose, poetry, lyrics, plays. We'll write together, listen, share if we want to, and offer supportive feedback. The day before the event, you will receive your invitation by email with your link to join and instructions about what to bring: something to write with, a sense of humor, and snacks. (You must have a YWP account to participate. It's free and easy to join if you are 13-18 years old, or 12 with parental permission.)

ABOUT REUBEN JACKSON: Reuben is a published poet, jazz archivist, and board member of Young Writers Project. Reuben comes to us for regular online workshops via Zoom from his home in Washington, D.C. Reuben is back this year with a series of wonderful and inspiring writing workshops with co-host Alex Muck. If you joined Reuben and Alex last year, you'll know that these online gatherings are always friendly and always fun. If you haven't experienced them yet, please join in! [Photo: Reuben reading from his most recent book of poetry, "Scattered Clouds," at a YWP celebration in Burlington, VT in 2019.]

ABOUT ALEX MUCK: Alex is a teaching artist and founder of Fun is a Necessity, LLC, a Vermont-based arts education organization. She's a certified Gateless Writing teacher who partners with YWP to co-host writing workshops (also known as salons) with Reuben Jackson. Alex says, "Gateless Writing is all about noticing what is strong, powerful, and marvelous in writing and in the world! No red pens, no questions, no criticism – and lots of celebration!"

If you don't have an account at youngwritersproject.org, now is the time! It's a quick one-time form, and provides you access to this writing workshop – and a whole world of YWP adventures! Questions or comments? Contact Susan Reid at YWP: [email protected]; or (802) 324-9538.
Event Date: 
Thursday, September 23, 2021
About the Author: YWP
Hey YWP! You're at Young Writers Project headquarters! Want to get in touch? Just message Executive Director Susan Reid here!