CELEBRATE ANTHOLOGY 12!

WELCOME TO OUR SPECIAL ANTHOLOGY 12 PODCAST!

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE WHO IS PUBLISHED IN THIS BOOK!

Join Iris Robert (eyesofIris on YWP and host of YWP's Line Break) and six of the writers, artists, and photographers who are published in Anthology 12 for this special celebration podcast! Click the button above ... and enjoy!

Eden Anne Bauer (aka Kittykatruff on YWP) reads her poem, “Introverted?,” (page 32 in the anthology), and talks with Iris about the backstory of the poem, moving and making new friends, being both introverted and extroverted, and trying comedic writing.

Roxanne Glassenberg (roxyforthewin on YWP) shares her poem, “My Side of the Lake,” (page 8), and discusses finding worth in old or secondhand items, thinking about ancestors, and the importance of having a writing mentor and community.

Siri Dunn (Stargirl on YWP) talks about her poem, “In the Afterlife,” (page 7), imagining an afterlife, writing to transport ourselves to other places, and being understood by YWP.

Lauren McCabe (laurenm on YWP) discusses her photography (pages 18, 21, 42, 48, and back cover), putting Easter eggs (secret messages only we know) into our writing and photography, using creative work as a way to connect with others, and how boredom and motivation can get us through creative blocks.

Charlotte Dodds (charvermont on YWP) talks about her essay, “November Existence,” (page 59), being lonely during the pandemic and feeling like we missed our teenage years, the comfort of coming home at the end of the day, and finding inspiration in everything.

Vivien Sorce (Ice Blink on YWP) discusses how she addresses social issues through her art (pages 9, 27, 41, 43, 48, and 55), connecting music to creative work, and taking pictures of snowflakes. (P.S. With a shout-out to Vermont's Snowflake Bentley, https://snowflakebentley.com/images.)

Congratulations to everyone who is published in Anthology 12 from Iris (eyesofiris on YWP) and the Anthology 12 editorial and production team: Susan Reid, William Anderson, Kathy Folley, Andrea Gray, and Alan Schillhammer of Queen City Printers!

HOW TO ORDER COPIES OF ANTHOLOGY 12
  • TO ORDER COPIES OF ANTHOLOGY 12, contact YWP Executive Director Susan Reid at [email protected]; include your name, mailing address, and number of requested copies. Suggested donation $10/copy through YWP's Donate page. Click here to send your donation. Thank you!
  • ALL PUBLISHED WRITERS AND VISUAL ARTISTS HAVE BEEN MAILED A COPY OF THE ANTHOLOGY. (Let us know if you haven't received yours!)
  • CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ABOUT YWP'S ANTHOLOGIES
AND ... do you have another minute? Check out our video, "YWP is ...," created by YWP's interns, summer 2021:

Event Date: 
Saturday, September 25, 2021
Audio download:
A12- FINAL DRAFT!.mp3
About the Author: YWP
Hey YWP! You're at Young Writers Project headquarters! Want to get in touch? Just message Executive Director Susan Reid here!