Write with Reuben and Alex! Nov. 18

Join Reuben and Alex for a fun night of writing and YWP camaraderie!
Thursday, Nov. 18, 2021, 6:30-8 p.m.

SIGN UP HERE

DETAILS: Come join us and share a little gratitude with your friends at YWP at this 90-minute online writing workshop! Feeling a little Zoomed-out? We get it. But it does allow us to get together from coast to coast, time zone to time zone. We promise to make this as fun and free as possible! All formats are welcome – prose, poetry, lyrics, plays. We'll write together, listen, share if we want to, and offer supportive feedback! No prerequisite required. If you've been with us before, welcome back! The day before the event, you will receive your invitation by email with your link to join and instructions about what to bring: something to write with, a sense of humor, and snacks. (Must have YWP account to participate. It's easy to sign up and join!)

ABOUT REUBEN JACKSON: Reuben is a published poet, jazz archivist, and board member of Young Writers Project. Reuben's most recent book of poetry, "Scattered Clouds," was published in 2019. Before moving back to his hometown of Washington, D.C. in 2018, Reuben led many writing workshops for YWP and he was the host of VPR's Friday Night Jazz. YWP is thrilled to have the online Reuben working with us now!

ABOUT ALEX MUCK: Alex is a teaching artist and founder of Fun is a Necessity, LLC, a Vermont-based arts education organization. She's a certified Gateless Writing teacher who has been partnering with YWP for the past year to co-host writing workshops with Reuben. Alex describes Gateless Writing as being all about noticing what is strong, powerful, and marvelous in writing and in the world! No red pens, no questions, no criticism – and lots of celebration!If you don't have an account at youngwritersproject.org, now is the time! It's a quick one-time form, and provides you access to this event – and a whole world of YWP adventures! Questions or comments? Contact Susan Reid at YWP: [email protected]; or (802) 324-9538.

Event Date: 
Thursday, November 18, 2021
About the Author: YWP
Hey YWP! You're at Young Writers Project headquarters! Want to get in touch? Just message Executive Director Susan Reid here!