Chook's picture

Should Masks Be Required In School?

I believe that masks should not be needed in school. My reasons are that masks shouldn’t be allowed because some people may have asthma, wear glasses and sweat a lot.

Asthma makes it hard to breathe. It makes it even harder with a mask, especially for people like my sister who has asthma. Asthma may cause difficulty breathing, chest pain, cough, and wheezing. The symptoms may sometimes flare-up. This could be dangerous for a student at school. Perhaps it may even be more dangerous than covid 19. 

Masks make children that have glasses have a really hard time seeing because they just get fogged up. They make it hard to see your work. They make it really hard because you lose some of your vision which makes things like reading, Gym and Art really difficult. For example, when we get our eyes checked at school, it wastes our math time which causes us to not learn as much.

Then comes the sweat. You sweat so much while wearing a mask. Breathing in your own sweat feels disgusting and is not good for you. Personally, I don’t like sweating all day. How would you like it?

The school is always making sure you are healthy. Which is fine. I just think that sometimes it should be optional. The school's job is to make sure you are learning and not to be doctors. I hope you have been convinced that masks should be optional. I also hope that we will not need to wear a mask in stores soon.

Chook's picture
About the Author: Chook