2023 Teenager Experience

Being a teenager in 2023 is complicated, to say the least. While you can't say if it was better or worse in the past, you can say it is still a weird experience.

Being a teenager in 2023 is a constant battle of bombarding opinions from both welcomed and unwelcomed sources. All of the fights, movements, and trials in the world are on display, conflicting views on the events being blown into your face whether you like it or not.

Being a teenager in 2023 is an uphill battle for everyone. The need to choose and fight for a side on a topic you may not know much about is suffocating.

Being a teenager in 2023 is a free daily dose of an identity crisis. Labels and peer pressure lead to questioning yourself, even if you are already happy and know who you are.

Being a teenager in 2023 is a constant flow of relationships. Childhood friends grow cold and distant on one side, and new friendships blossom with the seasons.

Being a teenager is forging lifetime bonds with people you've never paid attention to, ignorant of their existence. Then two days later you're having a sleepover and talking like old friends.

Being a teenager in 2023 in a romantic disaster. People are falling in and out of relationships at every corner you turn.

Being a teenager in 2023 is learning, but not just in school. Your brain is still developing, just now you are building your own opinion of the world. You can be malleable or unmovable.

Being a teenager in 2023 is a loss of innocence you weren't even aware of until it is gone. A longing to get older, but not quite wanting to leave the past.

Being a teenager in 2023 is character development. Everyone is the main protagonist in their story who is starting to realize the world doesn't revolve around them.

Being a teenager in 2023 is a sense of awareness of all that is happening in the world and then trying to make a change.

Being a teenager in 2023 is desensitization to horrific events and not caring if those events happen to you.

Being a teenager in 2023 is joking about killing yourself over minor inconveniences so we don't have to confront our feelings in healthy ways.

Being a teenager in 2023 is an ongoing existential crisis that starts off as lighthearted and then spirals into thinking about inevitability and impending doom.

Being a teenager in 2023 is watching the world move on without you and feeling left behind.

Being a teenager in 2023 is holding your friends close while they last, to support each other in that you do.

Being a teenager in 2023 is a struggle for self-love and a breeding ground for insecurities.

Being a teenager in 2023 is everchanging and unique. Everyone experiences growing up differently.

Being a teenager in 2023 is learning to enjoy the little things in life, knowing they are temporary but consistent, and that there will always be more to find.

Being a teenager in 2023 is confining and freeing at the same time.

Being a teenager in 2023 is a new, spontaneous, impulsive feeling, fuelled by peers and a rebellious desire.

Being a teenager in 2023 is a captivating experience I wouldn't change for the world.

Being a teenager in 2023 is a beautiful sight for you and me.

Akvt

More by Akvt

• By Akvt

Little Rhyme

I tried to go to bed
    But I couldn't rest my head
    So I took a pencil full of lead
    And started writing instead