Spring

The snow is melting. The mornings are getting warm, accompanied by slow, chilly gusts of wind. The grass is finally visible, but it isn’t pretty. All of the snow that has melted, has caused mud. Too much mud. This is the one part of the year that driving sucks. Mud season always causes the dirt roads to get massive divots because of the tires. And then if it gets too cold and they harden, you might as well be taking a trip to the mechanic. 

Despite the difficult transition from winter to spring, I always get excited when spring first rolls along. The cold weather is finally starting to go away, and with that comes outdoor activities. Especially baseball. Winter is so long and dreadful not being able to go outside and play ball, but spring ends that. In a few short weeks we will finally be able to take the field again. It is by far my favorite part of spring because baseball is what I enjoy most. Major League Baseball also comes back and for me baseball is a joy to watch. Regular season games can get boring, but there are some players that are fun to watch. Rafael Devers is fun to watch, and I am biased because I love the Red Sox, but I also love to watch Aaron Judge. Even though I hate the Yankees he is a phenomenal player. 

Basketball playoffs is the only other thing I will watch in the beginning of spring. Can’t wait to see how March Madness ends. 

Evan Patterson