Value And Respect

Over the past two years of middle school I have been extremely left out. My friends do not realize what they are doing, and how much it hurts me. I have had close friends who don't even acknowledge me when I am standing right next to them. These friends have once recently told me that they were so happy that we were such good friends, but now, I feel invisible to them. I feel like they do not value or respect me. It hurts. This has happened many, many times.

I always feel extreme  sadness or anger, because I try my best to respect and value everybody. But these people I have known for many years, and/or are really close with, maybe don't even know that I am there. Waiting for them to notice me, acknowledge me. They never do. This has taught me that people that are like family to us, and people that we aren't too close with, deserve to be respected. I have friends who I don't know that well, but I still go out of my way to make sure that they are included and feel valued. I feel like I do a pretty good job of including and valuing everybody, people I am close with, and people I might not know too well.

But everybody deserves respect, and to feel valued, I don't feel that from some of my closest friends, so I try to value everybody, in hopes that they will follow my example, and make everyone feel like they matter, because they do.

stELLA

More by stELLA

• By stELLA

The rain

The weather has a big effect on my mood. Sunny days make me feel motivated and energized but they can also make me feel uncomfortable. The heat can sometimes make me tired, so I would call rainy gray days my favorite.