Chapter 3

Sofia and Mia were talking, then suddenly a maid came into Sofia's room.

“Your father wants you Sofia.” Said a maid, “Oh, can my friend Mia come along too?” Sofia asked.

“I’m afraid not princess..Your father only wants you to come to the ballroom, not anyone else.” Sofia took a glance at Mia, Mia nodded her head as an indication that she should go see what's going on. Sofia started walking to the ballroom with the maid, she was worried that something bad had happened, or worse…

The maid was suddenly quiet. “Thank you for bringing her here, your work is done for the day.” Said the King. “Why did you need me here?” Sofia asked. “Because we need to talk about the ball I will be hosting soon.” The king said coldly. Sofia was surprised, “Ball? What ball, we never talked about hosting a ball before….” “I thought it would be a good idea so you could connect with all the people that will be coming. You're going to need to know more of the royal class if you're going to rule some day.” Sofia was mad at her father, not because he was hosting a ball but because she knew what he meant when he said “You’re going to need to know more of the royal class.” It meant that she would have to put on her best dress and meet snobby princes and princesses from all over the land. She also knew that this meant that her and Mia’s plan was not going to work, they knew he already had his mind made up choosing a prince for her.

EvieC

More by EvieC