I Am Not Scared About Writing This

I'm taking a break from my normal writing of poetry and drawings of songs, because as a member of the LGBTQIA+ community, I belive that it is my right and responsability to talk about something very close to my heart that someone I know has brought to my attention. 

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/07/1091510026/alabama-gender-affirming-care-...

This is not okay. Nothing anyone can tell me will make me say that this is okay.

I am gender-fluid. While I have a female body, I still feel like a boy most of the time. I am scared for some of my friends who identify as gender-fluid, non-binary, and especially transgender. 

While the topic of healthcare for transgender people has become a heavy debate over the last few years, that doesn't prevent it from spreading. Who knows where the unacceptance of trans youth will go next?

This bill will not just attack the trans youth, it will attack the parents, doctors, teachers, and any adults prominently placed in the person's life. A person could get 10 years of jail time and/or fined $15,000, all for administering healthcare to any transgender person under 19. 

Please. Read the article above and show your reaction. Write about it, draw what you see might come out of this, turn any emotions you might have into any form of art. Please. I don't ask of this for myself, I ask of this for every trans youth in not just Alabama, but across the world. I want them to know that they aren't alone, and there are more of us out there. I want them to know that there is a place for everyone in the world, even when it feels like everything is against you. 

I've been told constantly that I can have the power to change the world. I know that if this blog entry makes it outside the bounds of this website, I will get heavily criticized for putting myself and my beliefs out there. 

But I am willing to stand up for what I believe is right.

Are you?

IceGalaxy

VA

More by IceGalaxy

• The Eldest of the Seasons

if life is but a dream for the dead

may you visit us during autumn, the eldest of the seasons

letting your fragile bones be exposed to the crisp air of october

letting your fingertips run over the bars of the cemetery gates

• Dear Music

If you were a person

you'd have skin the color of the galaxy; ever-changing

hues of purple, blue, pink, salmon gold

your eyes would hold the world

any question answered the second someone looked into them;