My Island

My island is in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, far from other land. It is a fairly large island taking maybe hours to get from one side to the other. To get from one side or the other, I have created a car system with a track all around the island that works just by speed. The cart and tracks are all made from the wood I got from the island trees. The cart system is fast but the island is still too large for it to not take about three hours to get to the other side.  It isn't a very wide island, just long. My island is very colorful and full of plants that are of the odd variety. As soon as you get to the island the strong sweet smell of honey hits you, not because there is honey but the smell has just enveloped itself around everything. There are mainly palm trees surrounding the island with a few maples here and there. The grass is short and lush, always staying nice and green with a few assortment of flowers growing here and there, mainly roses.  No other humans live there but me. I have gotten used to befriending the animals. Since the animals are really the only interaction I get on the island I have started to pretend that they really talk to me. I always have conversations with them and agree with them or argue even though they aren't really saying anything. It does get lonely sometimes. 
Not having another human around makes me realize how different we are from animals. They are great companions but I cannot entirely relate to them, and they cannot help if I feel like I need someone to talk to.  If I told someone that there were domesticated cats living with monkeys on a random island they would think I am crazy. Maybe I am? My Island has barely any sand; the only way to enter is to dock your boat at the boat house. I never get visits from others when I am on the island but it is really a shared island for all to have a place when the outside world just gets too much. I hand built it myself actually. My Island is my personal paradise where I escape when the real world becomes too much. 

Sebastian Labonte-Flye

More by Sebastian Labonte-Flye

• Lottery

Come on, we’ve all had our daydreams … What would you do if you won a million dollars?
    If I won the lottery I would go on vacation with my family to norway.

If I won the lottery I would pay all debts my family and friends owe.