Recent Comments

• Reply to: Rain Dance   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 3:01pm

I looooove this!!

• Reply to: Drone Strike   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 2:56pm
    Comment Author:

I'm not sure if you've ever read Fahrenheit 451, but this reminds me a lot of it, especially with the description of the drones and being watched and that man so far away. I loved it, Shannon :)

• Reply to: bloodline   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 1:16pm
    Comment Author:

I completely agree with Shannon, this s gripping, and I am left with so many questions, great work!

• Reply to: A Hiding Place For The Mind   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 1:13pm
    Comment Author:

I love this. The questions you pose are so poignant, and that combined with the imagery used is great. I would love to maybe see a little more imagery maybe? What you have is so good.

• Reply to: echo chamber   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 1:12pm
    Comment Author:

Absolutely right here. It would be really interesting if you went a little deeper into your comments about tribal politics, you end on that topic and I feel that it isn't quite explored enough.
    What you have is great!

• Reply to: Flower crown   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 1:10pm
    Comment Author:

Such an interesting birthday poem! It is a birthday poem right?
    I appreciated how you toggled between imagery of the flower crown, and photographs, it created a really interesting affect.

• Reply to: Civil Rights Speech (Verbal)   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 10:07am
    Comment Author:

Yes - I agree with Shannon! Please make an audio recording, this would be unbelievably powerful to hear out loud straight from you.

• Reply to: Rain Dance   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 9:56pm
    Comment Author:

This is absolutely beautiful.
    I love the line “And we share the same feet”

• Reply to: Discovery of Strength   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 4:02pm
    Comment Author:

I love the sense of energy in this I can feel my nerves tingling

• Reply to: Dear Harvard - rap   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 3:57pm
    Comment Author:

Thanks, I'll try to get it up by tomorrow night!

• Reply to: Lost in Time   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 3:46pm
    Comment Author:

I reallyyy love your imagery in this poem! If you wanted to add a little bit more specific details as to what might be on the narrator's mind, it could add a different layer to what's happening here. I really loved this!!

• Reply to: Political Poetry   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 3:41pm
    Comment Author:

After first reading this, I was about to comment on its broadness and suggest choosing a couple issues that you felt strongly about. It felt odd to me to name a piece "Political Poetry" and then fail to mention any polarizing topics. But - after a second read, I think it was the right choice. To name anything specific (i.e. women's rights, racial justice, etc. etc.) without going into detail would be pointless. If you did go into detail, it'd change the entire poem.

This encapsulates the feelings of a lot of young people today, without pushing anyone away. That's pretty cool, and not easily done!

• Reply to: Far Away   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 3:29pm

Who are you?

• Reply to: One Last Time   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 3:28pm

This was so wonderful!

• Reply to: Dear Harvard - rap   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 3:26pm
    Comment Author:

I can't until you add audio to this!

• Reply to: Civil Rights Speech (Verbal)   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 2:50pm
    Comment Author:

This was INCREDIBLE. I would love love love it if you recorded this and uploaded the audio here so we could hear your voice. Amazing amazing job, Shannon :)

• Reply to: Civil Rights Speech (Verbal)   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 2:42pm
    Comment Author:

This is the visual version, meant to be read aloud. If you want to look at the one that is meant to be read silently, look for the other one which has visual in all caps in parentheses.

• Reply to: Civil Rights Speech (Visual)   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 2:39pm
    Comment Author:

This is the visual version, meant to be said. The verbal one has verbal written in all caps and parentheses.

• Reply to: Dear Soul, 2067   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 2:22pm
    Comment Author:

Not a bore at all, and I think that it's hopeful. Why did you create a salutation to "Soul?" I would write more but am busy reading those pieces that inspire you daily!

• Reply to: Far Away   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 2:08pm

Yeh sorry we suck

• Reply to: YWP   Monday, June 18, 2018 - 9:46pm
    Comment Author:

Your language is so descriptive- i love the lines "YWP is a disguise,/a second skin that/you can slip on when /you feel the world is too much,/when you need to scream where/people can hear you,". Also your whole idea really resonates with me- YWP is also a place for me where my voice is my own but also isn't associated with me. You really capture the essence of what YWP is.

• Reply to: Starman   Monday, June 18, 2018 - 5:29pm

Thank you so much!

• Reply to: After the Good Old Days   Monday, June 18, 2018 - 3:40pm
    Comment Author:

I love the focus on this one moment and all the specific details that you include!

• Reply to: The Perfect Night   Monday, June 18, 2018 - 1:36pm
    Comment Author:

Thank you! I'm glad you like it!

• Reply to: Morning Thoughts   Monday, June 18, 2018 - 1:12pm