Recent Comments

• Reply to: Just as Bright   Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 6:56pm

Thank You!!

• Reply to: Just as Bright   Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 6:55pm

This is really good!!

• Reply to: Twinkling Grass   Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 4:11pm
    Comment Author:

Beautiful photograph, and I like the title!

• Reply to: winter   Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 3:51pm
    Comment Author:

This is a fine appreciation of the fun of skiing and riding! Great ending, too, with a run of four adjectives that sound good together!

• Reply to: The fact of knowing   Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 3:12pm
    Comment Author:

I like the perspective of this poem — just the idea that there is a mystery to things. I also like the simple and clever way it is expressed in the opening two lines. Well done!

• Reply to: what would you do for this country?   Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 2:55pm
    Comment Author:

This is a potent piece of writing! The overall structure is rock solid, the preacher-style rhythm never misses a beat, and the righteous anger rings clear. (I also like the way the poem starts.)

• Reply to: who could   Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 2:50pm

Ooo..
    This is a mysterious piece!
    What is the meaning behind this?

• Reply to: I Prayed to God   Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 2:42pm
    Comment Author:

This is a beautiful poem!
    short and moving,
    it is what most people who have lost hope.
    continue to write with blinding colors!

• Reply to: what would you do for this country?   Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 10:58am

Wow!
    There is a deep lesson in this poem,
    I can see.
    There are a lot of people out there with a lot of different opinions.
    This is definitely one of them.
    Can I ask,
    though,
    whos perspective is this poem from?

• Reply to: Unfixable   Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 10:53am

Wow!
    This is indeed a incredible poem!
    Very rich in emotion, and incredibly moving.
    I do have some questions about how the idea formed for this.
    Of course, you don't have to answer,
    but it would be great if you did.
    How did this happen?
    Why did these two individuals, forage a great relationship and then rip it apart?

• Reply to: Unfixable   Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 9:34am
    Comment Author:

This poem left me speechless. The story you're telling really draws the reader in as you recount the months passing by, and I love your word choice. Good job!

• Reply to: Unfixable   Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 8:40am
    Comment Author:

This a really moving and beautiful poem!

I just have one suggestion about the ending: I think that if you made the ending a little more compact (cutting out unneeded words and revising it so it flows better) it would have a stronger ending and your amazing imagery would shine more.

• Reply to: When We Ate the Beatles   Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 8:20pm
    Comment Author:

It's nice to know that there are other insane snowman making Beatles fans out there. XD
    I once tried to make a snow John Lennon, but it ended up looking like Darth Vader...

• Reply to: Seasonal Depression   Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 8:17pm
    Comment Author:

I find this poem interesting because i love winter and it's my favorite season, but i am one of those people who go skiing everyday. I believe there are studies that show when people go outside that they feel better. Not everyone likes to go outside in the winter, so this has made me look at people, who hate winter, a little differently now.

• Reply to: When We Ate the Beatles   Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 6:20pm
    Comment Author:

What a funny random moment in time! The title grabbed my attention and I was like "WHAAAAAAAAT!?" It made more sense when I was reading it. XD As someone who spends every winter trying to recreate their favorite musicians in snow form, I could definitely appreciate this. Maybe this year I'll try Bowie, or the Clash...

• Reply to: Blooming Flower   Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 6:12pm
    Comment Author:

I love this little piece! It captures two different mind sets in six little lines and made me stop and think.

• Reply to: Far away from here   Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 4:23pm
    Comment Author:

The interplay of words, title and ending is impressive; there is rich, imaginative language; and it all holds together! Well done!

• Reply to: Mirror   Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 4:08pm
    Comment Author:

This is a beautiful poem, rich with strength and intelligence. It makes me realize, in a way I have never thought of before, that a mirror is actually a medium of communication, like television or photography, and we have to grapple with what it is really showing us.

• Reply to: Is This What We Want?   Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 2:43pm

Thank you so much!

• Reply to: We Have Twelve Years to Live   Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 1:32pm
    Comment Author:

I appreciate the call to action you're able to bring to this message. I had a similar reaction, as you saw, but I appreciate the less resigned tone of this. I really relate to it, too.

• Reply to: twelve years   Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 12:15pm
    Comment Author:

You know whats funny? I read this right after i wrote about the exact same topic and i fully agree.

• Reply to: 8:26   Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 10:45am
    Comment Author:

This is a brilliantly constructed piece! The time framework is perfect, and it really conveys the amount of drama that can go in a short time.
    It also feels like the poem is happening in real time, as I was reading it.

• Reply to: Frame of Mind   Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 10:33am
    Comment Author:

i love this piece! It's so bittersweet and beautiful!

• Reply to: The Ski Weekend   Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 10:30am
    Comment Author:

What a fun poem! I like the way you touch on all sorts of aspects of the weekend, such as figuring out the lift lines "like playing chess," and especially the way you capture the sense of smell with "waffles straight from the press."