Recent Comments

• Reply to: for summer:   Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 9:54am
    Comment Author:

I loooove this. I can so clearly feel everything you're describing. It's so specific yet so familiar. Amazing job, Shannon :)

• Reply to: Crazily In Love With You   Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 9:20am
    Comment Author:

As I was reading this I couldn't help but think how much this sounds like a song and how amazing it is. I love love your language and the mood you create with this, Shannon :)

• Reply to: Political Poetry   Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 6:43am

Thank you!

• Reply to: WE MUST NOT GIVE UP   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 10:42pm
    Comment Author:

Thanks, but I'm a boy by the way.

• Reply to: a kind of love   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 8:46pm
    Comment Author:

jesus shan. this is incredible. something this artistically perfect always comes from a place that hurts and it often comes out wrong but every syllable of this poem fits. “sometimes i scream your name just to hear it echo inside of me” is a breathtaking line. i’m honestly, truly, completely blown away.

• Reply to: Stitches   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 8:11pm
    Comment Author:

This work really speaks from the heart. Whoever did that to you is an stupid, dumb, idiot (and more words to describe that if u know what I mean). Keep writing and know that you are NOT AT ALL to blame for what happened.You are strong and beautiful women. Keep telling your story, because it reaches hearts and makes people know how horrible it feels.

• Reply to: Drone Strike   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 7:05pm
    Comment Author:

Ray Bradbury is one of my favorite writers, so I really appreciate the comparison!

Thanks, Will

• Reply to: Flower crown   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 7:00pm
    Comment Author:

Thank you! The first line popped into my head so I just ran with it. Now looking back on it I agree with you, it is a birthday poem!

• Reply to: Stitches   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 6:27pm
    Comment Author:

this made me cry. it is amazing and so sad. slay girl. I am telling my friends to like this and like you. you are amazing. I am listening to a sad song two though, so that made is sadder. whoever raped u well *[email protected]* them. I love your work and hope you keep slllllaaayin girl!

• Reply to: WE MUST NOT GIVE UP   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 6:19pm
    Comment Author:

sllllay girl!! (if you are a girl, if you are not, well this is still great and I apologies.)

• Reply to: You Don't Belong To Anyone   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 6:13pm
    Comment Author:

dat girl better slllllllllay.

• Reply to: Rain Dance   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 3:01pm

I looooove this!!

• Reply to: Drone Strike   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 2:56pm
    Comment Author:

I'm not sure if you've ever read Fahrenheit 451, but this reminds me a lot of it, especially with the description of the drones and being watched and that man so far away. I loved it, Shannon :)

• Reply to: bloodline   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 1:16pm
    Comment Author:

I completely agree with Shannon, this s gripping, and I am left with so many questions, great work!

• Reply to: A Hiding Place For The Mind   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 1:13pm
    Comment Author:

I love this. The questions you pose are so poignant, and that combined with the imagery used is great. I would love to maybe see a little more imagery maybe? What you have is so good.

• Reply to: echo chamber   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 1:12pm
    Comment Author:

Absolutely right here. It would be really interesting if you went a little deeper into your comments about tribal politics, you end on that topic and I feel that it isn't quite explored enough.
    What you have is great!

• Reply to: Flower crown   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 1:10pm
    Comment Author:

Such an interesting birthday poem! It is a birthday poem right?
    I appreciated how you toggled between imagery of the flower crown, and photographs, it created a really interesting affect.

• Reply to: Civil Rights Speech (Verbal)   Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 10:07am
    Comment Author:

Yes - I agree with Shannon! Please make an audio recording, this would be unbelievably powerful to hear out loud straight from you.

• Reply to: Rain Dance   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 9:56pm
    Comment Author:

This is absolutely beautiful.
    I love the line “And we share the same feet”

• Reply to: Discovery of Strength   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 4:02pm
    Comment Author:

I love the sense of energy in this I can feel my nerves tingling

• Reply to: Dear Harvard - rap   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 3:57pm
    Comment Author:

Thanks, I'll try to get it up by tomorrow night!

• Reply to: Lost in Time   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 3:46pm
    Comment Author:

I reallyyy love your imagery in this poem! If you wanted to add a little bit more specific details as to what might be on the narrator's mind, it could add a different layer to what's happening here. I really loved this!!

• Reply to: Political Poetry   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 3:41pm
    Comment Author:

After first reading this, I was about to comment on its broadness and suggest choosing a couple issues that you felt strongly about. It felt odd to me to name a piece "Political Poetry" and then fail to mention any polarizing topics. But - after a second read, I think it was the right choice. To name anything specific (i.e. women's rights, racial justice, etc. etc.) without going into detail would be pointless. If you did go into detail, it'd change the entire poem.

This encapsulates the feelings of a lot of young people today, without pushing anyone away. That's pretty cool, and not easily done!

• Reply to: Far Away   Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 3:29pm