Workshop > Bonus: Final Activity

Bonus: Final Activity

One of the difficult things about participating in an interview, is there's a good chance you've never done it before. And even if you have, the opportunities to practice are few and far between. So for this XP, you'll be given that opportunity.

First, look back at the previous XPs. Pick out a few questions or prompts that you found tricky, or that you think your potential employer might ask. The first XP, with it's seemingly benign "tell us a little about yourself" request, is a good place to start.

Write down the questions you're concerned by from each XP (be sure to include an opportunity to ask your own questions to the interviewer). This list will act as the script for your practice interviewer.

Find someone who is willing to interview you (maybe you know someone else taking this playlist would be willing to help out) and give them your script, plus a little background about the job/internship you're interested in. Let them know that they don't have to stick to the script completely. If something comes up that they want to know more about--they can ask!

Practice delivering your answers, and your questions, in multiple ways. The more times you work through your answers and thought processes, the easier it will be.

After going through this experience, write down a few notes about what came easily to you, and what you found difficult. Post your notes (and, if you're so inclined, a recording of your practice interview) as a resposne to this XP.