Below the Smokey Sky By Stella Mauro and Mac Buckingham

Below the Smokey Sky

By Stella Mauro and Mac Buckingham

Where I come from the sky is clear, the birds are singing, ponds have frogs hopping from one lily pad to the other. That’s my home and it has been like that since I was born. Humans see me as disgusting and as an invader, I’m just a mouse. Today I’m going the farthest I’ve ever gone, I’m going to the city. In the brochures, it is a beautiful blue sky with clear oceans and beautiful alleys with just beautiful graffiti covering each wall so you would think there is nothing under it. When I finally arrived there were no clear oceans you could barely see the ocean itself!! Huge moving yellow boxes kept nearly squishing me to the ground!! I thought maybe there was a place to so the water as it said in the brochure I found in the street so I followed the directions to the ocean view, there was a sign that said CAUTION oil dumping. I move on from the devastating sight and decide to go and see the beautiful graffiti in the alleyways. I took a long trip to the other side of the city, that’s where I heard they were. I pulled out the brochure and held it up to see where I was supposed to go. The buildings look the same as in the picture but the graffiti was stained gray and was covered by mountains of trash. This city has changed and someone, it doesn’t matter how big or small they are, needs to fix this and clean up this city! Why would they do this to such a beautiful place, why would they do this to any place?

smauro2028

More by smauro2028