Daily Challenges: A new idea to explore and create each day. Use sound and photos, too!

This challenge will take some time. But it will be worth it. View either or both of the videos here and write what comes to you -- an essay, a reflection, a poem, a story, a rant. Whatever. Create visual art and share it. Create an audio piece. Again, whatever. Just react. Because 50 years ago, April 4, 1968, Martin Luther King was gunned down and his words remain relevant and important today. For all people.

The top video is the full sermon Martin Luther King made on Feb. 4, 1968. He entitled it "Drum Major Instinct" and towards the end he seems to be sharing a premonition of his own death which came exactly two months later. But King spends most of the sermon talking about our habit, as humans, to be first, to be the most, to be the greatest. But he offers a new defnition for greatness that is so fitting in today's public discourse, that is that greatness is defined by how we serve others. His voice is needed now more than ever.

The shorter video below abbreviates his point, but the longer version is, well, inspirational. The challenge: watch either or both and write something, whatever comes to you.

The Drum Major Instinct - Kinetic Type Project from Dillan Forsey on Vimeo.