Memory Snowflakes

The snowflakes danced down from the winter sky 

I shivered as I pulled my sled across the snow encrusted park. The bare trees had replaced their leaves with a layer of white snow. The snow sparkled in the cold sunlight and gave the park a magical effect. With each step, the fresh snow crunched with my great satisfaction under my boots. The cold December air nipped at my face, my cheeks shone bright red. Despite my many layers I felt frozen, chills ran up and down my spine as the snow silently drifted down.
"Crunch, Crunch, Crunch"

I gazed up at the falling snow, sticking out my tongue to catch snowflakes, Memories of snow castles, hot chocolate, and making snow angles reminded me of my love of winter. I began to again slowly trek in my heavy bulky winter clothing, each step felt as if I was hiking up a mountain. I sighed heavily and trudged on. The snow whirled with the wind
"Crunch, Crunch, Crunch"

I promised myself I would never forget these moments and forever savor them. The crunch of walking on fresh snow, the cold December air, and the magic of it all. These snowflakes would always be my memory snowflakes, reminding me forever of the magic of winter. 
"Crunch, Crunch, Crunch..."

More by Author

Smiles lit up their faces in their darkest times
    their hands cupped to say hello
    as I walked past, the small blond American girl.
    Somehow so much luckier.
    We treat each other with cruelty and hate
    When we should love
    our world, our future, our past
    are held in the world's delicate hands
     Stacked up high in the old brown cabinet  the old childish board games simile down,
    longing for one more roll of the dice, one more smile as someone remembers those "good old days"

The day began early. Inspector Samuel Hawks rolled out of bed when his phone started ringing. Rain pounded on the windows of his small, quiet apartment. "Hello, this is Samuel..."
    I sometimes overthink things
    I can sometimes be a perfectionist
    I am told to relax and scribble
    when I always try to make the straightest lines