Memory Snowflakes

The snowflakes danced down from the winter sky 

I shivered as I pulled my sled across the snow encrusted park. The bare trees had replaced their leaves with a layer of white snow. The snow sparkled in the cold sunlight and gave the park a magical effect. With each step, the fresh snow crunched with my great satisfaction under my boots. The cold December air nipped at my face, my cheeks shone bright red. Despite my many layers I felt frozen, chills ran up and down my spine as the snow silently drifted down.
"Crunch, Crunch, Crunch"

I gazed up at the falling snow, sticking out my tongue to catch snowflakes, Memories of snow castles, hot chocolate, and making snow angles reminded me of my love of winter. I began to again slowly trek in my heavy bulky winter clothing, each step felt as if I was hiking up a mountain. I sighed heavily and trudged on. The snow whirled with the wind
"Crunch, Crunch, Crunch"

I promised myself I would never forget these moments and forever savor them. The crunch of walking on fresh snow, the cold December air, and the magic of it all. These snowflakes would always be my memory snowflakes, reminding me forever of the magic of winter. 
"Crunch, Crunch, Crunch..."

More by Author

I come from America
    A country of hope, of dreams, of freedom.
    I am proud to be an American. 

But what does that even mean?
    The leafs quietly whisper to one another
     few dance down spinning, the wind as their dance partners

The trees sing praise and reach into the sky
    I have only been on Young Writers Project or YWP since late October.
    This is still a work in progress

What can I write of,
    when there is so much peril
    yet so much lost hope.

#summerofstories16