• Reply to: An Unraveling   Tuesday, January 18, 2022 - 12:01am
    Comment Author:

"I think one of the main reasons we read literature is because there are things too complex, too human, to express in words alone. Thesis statements struggle to encompass paradox, emotionality, and irrationality, the way fiction can."

(quoting your words back at you without any other purpose than to express the epiphany that happened here is definitely redundant, but i'm still processing. wow.)

• Reply to: Dear Body   Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 4:28pm

well written my friend!

• Reply to: Painter   Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 1:45pm
    Comment Author:

Thanks! I was really happy about how the background turned out! :)

• Reply to: Painter   Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 10:58am
    Comment Author:

I like the textures and background of this piece!

• Reply to: Social standards   Friday, January 14, 2022 - 7:56pm
    Comment Author:

Wow this has really got me thinking!

• Reply to: Self-Appreciate   Friday, January 14, 2022 - 7:52pm
    Comment Author:

I bet a lot of us feel the same way-but that's okay! We just have to remember that we can't be perfect and we are all unique in our own way!

• Reply to: Dear Body   Friday, January 14, 2022 - 6:29pm
    Comment Author:

this is one of my favorite poems i've seen on here recently! this is really good!

• Reply to: Butterfly Effect   Friday, January 14, 2022 - 6:26pm
    Comment Author:

pov you misspelled butterfly the first time you did this so you fixed the poem and resubmitted it

• Reply to: Deep Covid   Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 10:48am
    Comment Author:

wow! This is a perfect description of how I feel about covid. I envy you because you can actually put your thoughts into a poem. I've never been able to do that.

• Reply to: Sinking.   Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 9:15am
    Comment Author:

I love this! I personally think unedited rants are so fun and interesting.

• Reply to: Social standards   Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 9:05am
    Comment Author:

hey! I've had this same thought! That would be so cool. You wouldn't have to worry about anything you didn't want to worry about. (everyone would probably be a lot smarter) I'm so glad this made you think. Thank you.

• Reply to: I am   Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 7:17pm

I love "I am NOT a girl gamer
    I am just a gamer" It feels so powerful.

• Reply to: Social standards   Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 7:14pm
    Comment Author:

I'm not sure if you can get this comment or not but I read your post and it did get me thinking. What if there was a way you could restart the world in a way that none of these social standards existed. Personally I think that a world that was run by people who were over obsessed by knowledge would be better than a world were everyone is over obsessed with social status.

• Reply to: I am   Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 3:49pm
    Comment Author:

Hi Mermaid-Viking! Welcome to the Young Writers Project. I like your poem! Great job, I can't wait to see what else you post :D

• Reply to: I See You   Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 1:42pm

;)

• Reply to: I See You   Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 1:12pm
    Comment Author:

Aw Thanks that's so sweet!

• Reply to: I See You   Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 12:06pm
    Comment Author:

Ahhh! Dude! Wtf? I mean, this is incredible, but also, did you somehow get inside my head?! This is so creepy and raw and true and accurate and I am slightly freaked out right now because this is so amazing but also I swear you somehow got into my head and just---WOW

• Reply to: A phantom of what was   Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 10:54am

Thank you!

• Reply to: I See You   Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 8:26am
    Comment Author:

aaahh I love this sooo much!!!! i can't even pick my favorite line it's all so raw and truthful

• Reply to: Longing   Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 10:34pm
    Comment Author:

aaaaghh this is so good!

• Reply to: Winter Wonderland   Monday, January 10, 2022 - 9:21pm

Thanks so much!!

• Reply to: Me, My Art   Monday, January 10, 2022 - 7:16pm
    Comment Author:

Hi EvieC, welcome to YWP!! This is brilliant- I love the technique. I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future :)

• Reply to: Beaming writer   Monday, January 10, 2022 - 4:47pm
    Comment Author:

Rovva, we're all beaming at YWP! There is no greater gift than this – to know that YWP made such an impact on your life. Thank you for coming back to tell us. It means the world to us to hear your story.

• Reply to: My beach library   Monday, January 10, 2022 - 2:00pm
    Comment Author:

a beach library is the most beautiful invention i have ever heard of! thank you for sharing!

• Reply to: Winter Wonderland   Monday, January 10, 2022 - 9:09am
    Comment Author:

This is absolutely beautiful! All of the blending is perfect and the originality of this blows my mind. Wonderful Winter Wonderland :D