Recent Comments

• Reply to: YWP Podcast!   Monday, February 24, 2020 - 3:41pm
    Comment Author:

ok, i'm down. it sounds cool!

• Reply to: The Lincoln Song   Monday, February 24, 2020 - 8:35am
    Comment Author:

I will try to do it this weekend

• Reply to: Rap #1   Monday, February 24, 2020 - 7:56am

thank you!

• Reply to: Catching up   Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 12:27pm

Thanks!
    But the banana is not for sale! ;)

• Reply to: Rap #1   Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 8:10pm
    Comment Author:

Ooh I like this! I really lyrics are great, and I could really hear it as a rap. Nice job!

• Reply to: Catching up   Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 8:01pm
    Comment Author:

Wow! These are so beautiful! *gives you a million dollars for the banana* ;)

• Reply to: Apply for this conference!   Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 2:16pm
    Comment Author:

Hi Hope! Looks like it! Other opportunities for emerging writers (with scholarships) are at Grub Street. They're in Boston, but maybe?... https://grubstreet.org/programs/scholarships/

• Reply to: Just Like Sleeping   Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 10:58am
    Comment Author:

Wow, this is such great imagery! Really nice piece.

• Reply to: Dads   Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 10:04am
    Comment Author:

The line spacing on this was messed up, so I reposted it with the corrections.

• Reply to: Dads   Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 10:03am
    Comment Author:

I posted this poem before but the line spacing got messed up, so here is a repost with the correct line spacing.

• Reply to: Hidden   Friday, February 21, 2020 - 8:48pm
    Comment Author:

yes! very much so! and if you ever want to talk about it, just leave me a message! i'm happy to hear you out.

• Reply to: Hidden   Friday, February 21, 2020 - 5:53pm
    Comment Author:

I wanted to express myself through poetry, I hope some of you can relate!

• Reply to: An illness   Friday, February 21, 2020 - 5:32pm
    Comment Author:

I love this. So inspiring.

• Reply to: Fifteen   Friday, February 21, 2020 - 2:11pm
    Comment Author:

This is a funny way to use fifteen words! I agree that you are definitely worth more than that, as are all people.
    (Ms. G.)

• Reply to: Me   Friday, February 21, 2020 - 2:10pm
    Comment Author:

This is a fantastic poem that celebrates who you are and taught me new things about you! (Ms. G.)

• Reply to: Apply for this conference!   Friday, February 21, 2020 - 11:37am
    Comment Author:

do you have to be in high school to participate in this ?

• Reply to: Dear Iris   Friday, February 21, 2020 - 10:09am
    Comment Author:

Thank you ! That's so cool! I've only met two other people named Iris, and one is my aunt. :)

• Reply to: Dear Iris   Friday, February 21, 2020 - 9:30am

This is beautiful! My best friend's name is also Iris

• Reply to: YWP's Writing Contest!   Friday, February 21, 2020 - 9:10am
    Comment Author:

Hi Jo! Go to each prompt, Who, Home, Issue. Click on the prompt. You'll see a respond button. Give the piece a title, genre, and write in the body of the post. And Save. Let me know if you have trouble!

• Reply to: YWP's Writing Contest!   Friday, February 21, 2020 - 8:55am
    Comment Author:

Hello, from Vermont Academy. How do we submit our work? I see the directions that say submit online, but we are not sure what that means. I am here and I don't see a submit or upload button. Thanks! Jo Fuller

• Reply to: Dear Iris   Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 7:15pm

Thank you so much!
    Iris :)

• Reply to: Dear Iris   Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 5:30pm
    Comment Author:

If you read this poem in a few years, I bet, I hope you will see the wise and wondering soul that you are. This is really beautiful!

• Reply to: Vermouth The Dragon (finished)   Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 2:27pm
    Comment Author:

thanks! I'm glad you like it!

• Reply to: Uncertain Future   Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 1:56pm
    Comment Author:

thanks for the feedback in future poems I will use what you said

• Reply to: Reality of Society   Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 1:52pm