Recent Comments

• Reply to: The Way Some Live   Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:52pm
    Comment Author:

Wow, thank you so much! That is probably one of the best comments I have ever received... (I’ll fix the spelling, thanks for telling me)

Ideas for parts of this poem came sort of from the book “It’s Kind Of A Funny Story”.
    If you haven’t read it already you might like it...

• Reply to: If You Care   Monday, April 23, 2018 - 10:53pm
    Comment Author:

hey I just think you should know that I love this poem very very much and I didn't realize you could do this but I am just very very much in love with this piece of writing and I am sorry but damn this is beautiful

• Reply to: The Way Some Live   Monday, April 23, 2018 - 10:49pm
    Comment Author:

I haven't been able to stop thinking about this for the past 3 days now. Anything I write seems weak in comparison. I love this. All of it. I am so hopelessly lost in this poem. I just. can't. No words. (In the interest of more improvement though, "all to familiar" should actually be "all too familiar"
    I especially love the bit at the end. Also the bit at the beginning. Also, all of it. This is how I most comfortably write, in that form of you. Nice to see someone else doing it. Anyways, yes. This is beautiful. Thank you.

• Reply to: Raw Text of Posts from April 17 to April 21   Monday, April 23, 2018 - 5:02pm
    Comment Author:

Can't tell you how much that means to me. You're Welcome! And thanks for both reposting AND for telling us.
    gg

• Reply to: Raw Text of Posts from April 17 to April 21   Monday, April 23, 2018 - 4:52pm
    Comment Author:

I just re-posted my poem "Adrift." Thank you for working so hard to get everything up and running again!

• Reply to: The Lost and Found   Monday, April 23, 2018 - 4:50pm
    Comment Author:

Beautiful! I love the rhythm of it.

• Reply to: Social Anxiety Disorder   Monday, April 23, 2018 - 12:59pm
    Comment Author:

this gave me chills, but it is so painfully relatable. thank you for being strong enough to share:)

• Reply to: The Way Some Live   Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:46am
    Comment Author:

Oh wait I see the highlighted parts now.

• Reply to: The Way Some Live   Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:44am
    Comment Author:

Thank you so much! I was wondering if you could point out where the grammatical and spelling issues are. Thanks!
    : )

• Reply to: I Don't Want To Be Scared Anymore   Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:35am
    Comment Author:

Thank you for your contribution to the #writersforchange page!

• Reply to: The Way Some Live   Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:34am
    Comment Author:

I really felt all the emotions reading this. I feel as though I'm in the moment and experiencing everything. I especially love the lines, "Maybe it's the kind of pain, you guess,
    that hides in the dry spot under the sink,
    the place where people keep
    extra tissues
    for the nights when
    tears
    are all to familiar." As a note, watch out for some spelling and grammar, I've noted a few places in the text. Great job, Shannon :)

• Reply to: Wracking Brains   Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:29am
    Comment Author:

I really enjoyed this poem! Your rhyming is great and I love the story it tells! Great job, Shannon :)

• Reply to: Social Anxiety Disorder   Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:06am
    Comment Author:

I can really relate to this poem. I feel your frustration and yearning to be able to speak without feeling like you're suffocating, no matter how hard you try. So many teachers and adults don't understand that for some students it takes a lot of effort to participate. I've been told the same thing by a lot of my teachers and I hate the fact that my grade depends on participation. Some think I'm not paying attention because I'm not talking, but I really am. This was wonderful, thank you for sharing. Shannon :)

• Reply to: Spring Comes Through   Monday, April 23, 2018 - 10:44am
    Comment Author:

I love your imagery in this! Shannon :)

• Reply to: My Honest Poem (after Rudy Francisco)   Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 12:46am
    Comment Author:

Thank you so much Shannon!

• Reply to: General Rant On A Certain Injustice   Monday, April 16, 2018 - 9:15pm
    Comment Author:

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed!

• Reply to: General Rant On A Certain Injustice   Monday, April 16, 2018 - 9:13pm
    Comment Author:

A very worthwhile rant. I'm sure this crosses everyone's mind at some point, but they may get sick of thinking of it or may be considered "popular" themselves. Here, you described your thoughts and asked us questions that will leave us considering the factor. As a rant, this piece catches the readers attention, and is something most people could just have fun reading. Nice work!

• Reply to: My Honest Poem (after Rudy Francisco)   Monday, April 16, 2018 - 7:44pm
    Comment Author:

Wow. I know others have beat me to saying this, but wow. I love this. You do so many great things in one poem: you are totally personal and honest without sounding egocentric, your style is professional without being too specific or boring. If I picked a book off the shelf and read this as an intro, I definitely would buy it. Great job :)

• Reply to: My Honest Poem (after Rudy Francisco)   Monday, April 16, 2018 - 6:12pm
    Comment Author:

I really love this poem. I love how vulnerable, yet in control you sound in this. This is great!!!

• Reply to: I'm from the sun city where the sun always shins   Monday, April 16, 2018 - 5:20pm
    Comment Author:

cool. I think if you could email me at [email protected] we can work out a plan for you to finish one piece and get a certificate that you've finished. Be well, friend. It's been a pleasure to meet you and hope we see you Wednesday if possible, but undertand if you can't

• Reply to: Cute as a button   Monday, April 16, 2018 - 4:44pm
    Comment Author:

It's amazing what effect a comment has. I have made some proofreading changes since this is being recommended for publication. To view changes, select Revisions.

• Reply to: Chain   Monday, April 16, 2018 - 4:34pm
    Comment Author:

You met the right person on that day. This is being considered for publication so I have made some proofreading changes. To view changes, select Revisions. The one detail that I would have liked for you to add would be what made it a great day.

• Reply to: I'm from the sun city where the sun always shins   Monday, April 16, 2018 - 3:07pm
    Comment Author:

yes i have work at 5 till close but i'm a work on combining this one and the other one might take me time but i'm on it Mr.GG

• Reply to: My Honest Poem (after Rudy Francisco)   Monday, April 16, 2018 - 1:07pm
    Comment Author:

I LOVE this. So much. The language you use is so beautiful and I've learned a lot about who you are with just this one poem. You do a wonderful job bridging the abstract with the concrete. Amazing job, Shannon :)

• Reply to: Welcome to the Life of the Purple Sun   Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 7:55pm

Anna!! Hi man