Recent Comments

• Reply to: The Look Alike   Sunday, August 25, 2019 - 6:07pm
    Comment Author:

Good response to the challenge!!

• Reply to: As the Clock Grows Ever Louder   Sunday, August 25, 2019 - 5:09pm
    Comment Author:

I love this so much! The rhyming is excellent, and I love the way it conveys a sense of time running out. Well done!

• Reply to: Life in the City   Sunday, August 25, 2019 - 4:59pm

Hello lemondaydreams!
    We love receiving art. This has great flair and creativity! Thanks for posting it, and welcome to YWP!

• Reply to: Wolf in Blossoms   Sunday, August 25, 2019 - 4:57pm
    Comment Author:

Abrieart, this is gorgeous!

The individual hairs on the wolf give the picture a lifelike appearance that is astounding. I also love the care you put into the petals. It gives the background a blurry look while the foreground and main image stand out. I'm a huge fan of this piece!

--nean_bean

• Reply to: The Middle Zone   Saturday, August 24, 2019 - 10:53pm

Hey charvermont!

I really love the ideas that you can convey with so few words. Your piece is to the point and very easy to understand while also being complex enough to have second meanings. Besides this, I love the imagery that you create in your second stanza! It's easy for me to picture the scene you are writing about, and helps me understand your poem that much better! Nice job and great work!

Keep writing :) --nean_bean

• Reply to: Shadow Lion   Saturday, August 24, 2019 - 8:04pm

Did you draw this?!
    that is amazing! be proud of your work, and you have so much talant. the intense gaze of his eyes is breath taking, and I love the extreme light and dark contrast. amazing work

• Reply to: At The Risk of Waxing Sentimental   Saturday, August 24, 2019 - 2:45pm
    Comment Author:

• Reply to: At The Risk of Waxing Sentimental   Saturday, August 24, 2019 - 1:58pm
    Comment Author:

Thank you so much! Your support means more than you know. I’m glad you enjoyed it. :)

• Reply to: At The Risk of Waxing Sentimental   Saturday, August 24, 2019 - 10:41am
    Comment Author:

I like this poem a lot. "Summons lightning from the crest / Of the crown- then it spirals down" is probably my favorite line.
    Thank you for posting this !

• Reply to: BLOODY SMILE   Saturday, August 24, 2019 - 8:42am
    Comment Author:

This is beautiful... like you read my mind or heart or wherever these things come from. Thank you and keep it up!

• Reply to: back in Vermont for the last handful of August   Friday, August 23, 2019 - 6:33pm
    Comment Author:

I love the simplicity of this piece!

• Reply to: Why I Don’t Write Like I’m Running Out of Time   Friday, August 23, 2019 - 5:41pm
    Comment Author:

Great! We're glad you're on board!

• Reply to: Why I Don’t Write Like I’m Running Out of Time   Friday, August 23, 2019 - 5:24pm
    Comment Author:

Thanks so much for the welcome and recommendations- I will definitely look into the books you mentioned and appreciate the time you took to comment. I am already loving the YWP community.

• Reply to: Why I Don’t Write Like I’m Running Out of Time   Friday, August 23, 2019 - 5:04pm
    Comment Author:

First, welcome to Young Writers Project! We're glad that you have joined, and we admire your courage in putting yourself out there with this piece.
    As far as the particular dilemma you describe, for me, just speaking from my own experience, when I discovered "positive psychology" I was led to many books by many authors whose perspective helped remove this frozen-on-the-diving board or other basically unproductive feelings. Two books I would recommend are "Find Your Power" by Chris Johnstone, or "You Can Feel Good Again" or "You Can Be Happy No Matter What" by Richard Carlson. There are many other great authors working in this field, and you can find a writer that works for you, but what they all have in common is understanding that positive thoughts lead to positive outcomes, and you actually can control your thoughts, it is a skill you can learn like any other skill.
    Hope that is of some help, and again, welcome to YWP!

• Reply to: back in Vermont for the last handful of August   Friday, August 23, 2019 - 2:13pm

Exquisite.

• Reply to: The Aftermath of Wisdom Teeth   Friday, August 23, 2019 - 12:55pm

Thank you!!

• Reply to: The Aftermath of Wisdom Teeth   Friday, August 23, 2019 - 12:54pm
    Comment Author:

between the peas and ice cream! what a great line! great work

• Reply to: Point of View   Friday, August 23, 2019 - 10:05am
    Comment Author:

Thank You For This Peaceful Debate, See You Around!

• Reply to: Summer Days   Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 11:26pm
    Comment Author:

This is a great poem NAW793!

I really enjoyed your rhymes and the way that you reflected on summer in such a truthful way. I can totally relate to everything you wrote as I too am definitely dreading the start of school :) ... I especially enjoyed the line "The sun is fading away". It's very descriptive and uses beautiful imagery. Perhaps you could include more of that in this poem if you revise? Overall, this is great. Nice job! I look forward to reading more of your work!

--nean_bean

• Reply to: Winter Paint   Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 5:44pm
    Comment Author:

What a lovely poem! I love the imagery and the feelings you so clearly capture in this beautifully written piece.

• Reply to: My Hands are Lost   Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 4:57pm
    Comment Author:

Thank you so much, at first it felt a little over the top but I just really wanted to express that feeling the way it is.

• Reply to: The Dumbest Possible Way to Unplug the Iron   Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 2:22pm
    Comment Author:

Thank you so much! I'm so happy you enjoyed it! :)

• Reply to: August 22   Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 2:04pm

Thank you!!!

• Reply to: August 22   Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 2:04pm

Thank you so much!

• Reply to: Rainbows   Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 1:43pm
    Comment Author:

that was definitely a twist, I was not expecting that! I like how each color has multiple emotions and are related to different things but they all tie into the one rainbow. (also rainbow is the symbol of pride so that was clever too) great poem!